[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

I really respect that about you folks over at Pixeltail. I really do. I have tried my hardest, on the OP, to solidify the fact that this thread is COMPLETELY without context and that nothing was finalized. If there are anyways I can help in that fact, do let me know. Again, I find it really respectable, and know that 98% of other development teams would not be nearly as open with us as you guys are.

7 Likes

Pshhh, Mac. We all know it’s far from done, and we know it’s gonna be amazing once it /is/ done.
We love youuuu~

4 Likes

I just don’t want people to think we’re some crappy developers with no care or love put into our games. Tower Unite, for all of us, literally means the world for us. We’re putting all our efforts into it and I hope once we get past these core pieces (that aren’t exactly pretty yet), we can blow you away with the talent we’ve got.

6 Likes

You’d think that after all you’ve done with GMTower, and how open you’ve been over TU?
Mac, you need to give yourself some more credit.
You guys are already so much more better than most developers out there when it comes to community relations, and you don’t need to prove to us you’re good at creating content when you’ve got such a popular GMod gamemode to your name.

Myself and anyone else whom backed TU, backed it because we know you’re capable of doing it, and we trust it’s gonna be completely awesome. :smile_cat:

5 Likes

You’d be surprised about the things that keep me up at night. Constantly thinking about how to improve the game. Thanks, though.

5 Likes

Just remember that ‘perfect’ releases are few and far between. Things might be bumpy on day one, some might even say it feels lackluster somehow, but I trust you guys have a lot of ideas. I know there was so much more you wanted to do after Lobby 2 released, but just couldn’t because of Source’s limitations, so TU was already going to be more expansive than GMTower was, not counting all the other ideas you and your team have presented to us over the past months.

You guys are doing great, we all think you’re great and we’re very happy to be part of this project, even if only so on the community side of things. :heart:

4 Likes

I understand what mac is talking about.
If someone who doesn’t have the game but is interested in it decides to check this thread out, then that may not be exactly what the devs want them to see. Some people don’t exactly understand what is what in these pictures and videos and may get discouraged from the game, I know it sounds ridiculous but people are people.

I don’t know if it would be better if we could have a “Backer-only” forum where a thread like this could live?
Because, for us backers having updates like this, even though they are not official, is very entertaining and interesting, not for the fact that we get things confirmed, but more because we know that you are actually working on the game.

I can actually get behind that idea.
Less frequent, more polished updates on what goes on, like the bi-weekly progress reports they’ve been doing, could remain public, whilst backers get to keep up with the daily stuff.

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad. -Shigeru Miyamoto

(I know tower wasn’t delayed, but I’ve found this quote fitting)

3 Likes

@macdguy I’m not sure if what I said is what stressed you out, but I feel the need to apologize for it regardless. You and your team are doing some amazing work, and I didn’t mean to sound impatient or ungrateful.

1 Like

October 9th, 2015

Notice: All Images/Videos below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These are RAW Development images. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

4 Likes

I don’t think it was you because a couple days ago some people were complaining about the Slaughterday Night Live logo not fitting with the rest of Tower

1 Like

Nah, it was not directed towards anyone.

1 Like

Congratulations on making such a big progress! It looks amazing.

3 Likes

October 10th, 2015

Notice: All Images/Videos below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These are RAW Development images. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see-

Friends Online:
you have no friends

:confounded:

4 Likes

8 Likes

October 11th, 2015

3 Likes

October 12th, 2015

4 Likes

I’m guessing the grid is for placing items and/or creating walls and floors?

Also… That is the coolest fire effect ever. But it seems to blink out of existence once the animation is done. What would be even cooler is if the fire actually melted the wax over time.

1 Like