[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

This map precedes the RC system, shown here.
8 Likes

Oh, wow, I don’t remember that at all! Nice find.

1 Like

April 7th, 2019

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

29 Likes

As much as fishing delays bum me out, I’m really glad the devs are taking their time with it and making sure they release it in a state they’re happy with. Probably going to be one of my most played activities, so the longer in the oven the better in the long term.

I can’t wait till we see them aquariums!

9 Likes

Not even just a state they’re happy with, the new gameplay mechanics look really fun and original so I’m happy with it! I can’t wait to see how it looks in-game with the animations and some polish :smile:

4 Likes

Oohh this looks like such a blast

2 Likes

11 Likes

I can’t wait to show off the updated gameplay soon. It’s much better than previous versions we’ve shown.

30 Likes

i can’t wait for you to show off the updated gameplay soon. from what i have heard it is much better than precious versions that have been shown.

4 Likes

April 8th, 2019

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

19 Likes

Really glad fishing has actual gameplay now. Stardew Valley’s fishing minigame actually being fun kind of ruined fishing in every other game for me but this looks just as enjoyable, if not more so.

Question, will we be able to increase the length of the white line to be able to catch better fish easier or will we just have to get good? Like through rod or bait upgrades or something like that.

3 Likes

I’m very happy with the new fishing gameplay. It took like 6 different prototypes and tons of ideas before I finally was satisfied. Doing all the fish AI and 3D and 2D gameplay was certainly challenging. I hope you all like the new gameplay.

Also today I’ve been adding more feedback for the gameplay along with words of encouragement when you are doing well.

As a status report, Fishing has:

• Fish (over 100 different ones)
  • Fish animations
  • Fish AI
  • Fishing rod, bait, lures, and aquariums.
  • Solid gameplay
  • A new catching minigame
  • Different difficulties
  • Sick bobber physics
  • Networking (show off your catches to other players)
  • Third and first person animations
  • and probably more I completely forgot or shortened

37 Likes

Can’t wait!

I know it’s not ready yet but it looks awesome.

Two things I’d change is the color of the second bar (blue) to another that’s not the color of the water and make so the camera doesn’t follow every movement of the fish, it gets kinda confusing

4 Likes

April 9th, 2019

26 Likes

I could not have thought of a better and actually seemingly fun fishing mechanic. I also like the flash right when the fish is hooked. I personally feel like there needs to be more impact when you catch a fish like something like this - https://youtu.be/XXuyG2mLmv0?t=24

2 Likes

my favourite one is “Big Fish - Large Fish”

7 Likes

April 10th, 2019

37 Likes

Tower unite at it’s best

context:

14 Likes