[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

How does it look when the achievements are finished? green?

Can you disable finished achievments in the book list?

Man, if it’s themed like a book, I really, REALLY hope it gives you a cute little stamp.

I know it’s probably a coincidence, but the photos on the left remind me of Club Penguin’s achievement system. After getting a certain number of stamps (achievements) in a category, it awarded you with a photo depicting your penguin (a naked penguin wearing the same colour as yours) participating in the activity.

(The picture is from an unofficial server, so there are some extra stamps and the numbers are off)

Each unlocked badge will be a player title you can use. It will be possible to view others progress.

I am.

I want to do like a handwritten check mark or a stamp. I was also thinking about being able to pin up to 2 achievements at a time for quicker viewing.

i like the idea of being able to track achievements on screen whilst playing

Is this the same thing that’s currently used to show backers in the tab menu, or is it something separate?

It’s something separate.

November 27th, 2018

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

Oooh that looks sweet. I’d imagine once more activities get released, the text would be smushed tighter together to fit more on the bookmark?

or it would be a scrollable list

Eh but that might look weird especially in the context of a physical book but I guess the other part has a scroll bar so I dunno

This is neat, but I think the tabs of Fish, Photos, Badges, etc. should be on the outside of the book like in Dictionaries with little images for each.

EDIT: Like this! (excuse the rough art)

When this comes out, I’m bound to play a lot more. Like, a lot more.

That book looks so good. Love skeuomorphic video game stuff like that.

I really like this. It’s kinda what I was going for but I can see the placement is a lot better in your example.

Yeah, I’m trying to figure that out still. I’ve yet to add Arcade, plus we’ve got Accelerate, SDNL, Horror Hill, Bumper Cars, Shooting Gallery, Nightclub, even item related awards like Cooking (which could be just a tab like the fish one). Currently it has scroll bar support, but it seems gross. I could reduce the padding I suppose, but yeah, we have a LOT of games that each need their own section. I was thinking of merging Events/Minigames into one. Maybe Typing Derby, Bumper Cars, Shooting Gallery could be merged into a “Boardwalk” one…

Dang, I’m surprised to see that there’s even a Theater section on there. It’s good that you’re giving it some love! People need more of an incentive to use it.

It’s a nice incentive but I hope people don’t just go there for the sake of the achievements. Speaking of which, has achievement rewards been talked? Will we earn units for getting them? Will it depend on each achievement or will it all be the same?

We’ve been working on a backend system just to handle this. There’s a few trophy models that Johanna made as well. So we hope to have Unit awards and some items for certain achievements.

November 28th, 2018

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

haha im so bad at typing derby that i probably wont get any of these