[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

Will that’s mad good

Will does it again, what a legend

August 11th, 2018

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

I have a question about workshop furniture, will we be able to make seats and colorables?

I’ll be adding seat and colorable support after release. I’ve already started penning it out. You can see all the tags (for static meshes) below:

I’m still deciding on a few things. I can either make it based on the tag you select, the item loaded will react differently (aka allow you to sit), or I make a new item type for those special items.

Edit: Had a bit of a thought regarding special items. I’ll make the tags seat, canvas, colorable, media, food/drinks, plushie, and physics all hidden from the upload process and add them as metadata about how you want the item to interact with the player.

Then I’ll create an item editor that let’s you setup all these interactions.

You’ll be able to search by these tags though as I’ll set them internally based on the metadata.

Of course this will happen after release because it’s a bit of work.

August 15th, 2018

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

its just unsettling isn’t in…
THATS WHY I LOVE IT!!!

beautiful

That bloated cat man… i need it.

Pretty much confirmation Tower will never be the same again. Can’t wait.

Dinosaur!

you have some explaining to do with the first picture

well i didnt expect that but thank you

meow

Well I can tell Workshop is going to be a blast.

I want the lizard model so bad!

Edit:spiked dino

I used the dino model a fair bit back in the day in GMT when it released.

August 20th, 2018:

oh my god YES