[014.4.0] Smooth Autumn too bright at night, intentional?

I have long term intentions to create a dark/night-themed team-based hide and seek style minigame using the wilderness of Smooth Autumn as a basis.

Prior to Halloween 2020 update I was testing concepts and the feasibility of an idea. Smooth Autumn at night with 100% fog, cloud cover and with 0% moon intensity fit exactly my needs. The overwhelming all consuming darkness and reduced visibility while away from any static lighting was precisely what I needed.

However, having just now revisited Smooth Autumn the first time in months, I have noticed that at night and under the same conditions that the world is now bathed in this unnatural blue glow.

This is also present during clear conditions.

This is incompatible with my minigame idea as participants of my minigame would be expected to use the darkness as cover while moving around.

It’s also worth mentioning that my gamma setting has remain unchanged the whole time.

Is this intentional?

Is there likelihood of a slider to adjust the overall world illumination so I can restore Smooth Autumn back to how it was?

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

There’s a change listed here that’ll allow you to adjust how dark/bright your condo’s sky is, which should help:
https://trello.com/c/OSnbHXYk/536-upcoming-changes-bug-fixes

Hopefully it gets added sooner rather than later, it’d be a very cool

1 Like

Hey devs!

Apologies for necro’ing the thread, but is there any chance to advance/fast forward this and have it fixed in time for the 2021 Halloween Event?

My Condo - House “House of Horrors” project/build also takes advantage of the absolute pitch black darkness documented in the bug report. Without it, the build is far less atmospheric and immersive.

Before:

After:

This is the same area - the 1st Floor Bedroom. With the fog set to 0 and small changes in decor aside, do you notice the blue tint on everything?

Please can we also get an option to change the overall fog colour?

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah I can look into adding fog settings.

2 Likes