[0.8.9.1] Various speed boat bugs

This is the most bugged item in the game by far.

List of bugs/glitches:

• It’s always rotated in the direction of the x-axis no matter which way you face the spawn pad

• You and anyone else on the boat stay in the same spot instead of moving with it

• The boat does not stay placed down when you rejoin the game and instead just gets sent back to your inventory

• You’re unable to respawn, noclip or open your inventory after getting out of the boat. You also can’t get back in it

• The camera in first person mode is too far down meaning you can’t see where you’re going

• The sound has the same range as the RC speedboat meaning you can only slightly hear it when you’re in first person

• The boat is way too slow for a speedboat. It might not be a bug but it definitely needs to go faster.

• All of your cosmetics are either moved down or don’t show up at all upon exiting the boat

• Cosmetics don’t show up when you’re driving (same issue with the RC boat)

• The little RC icon shows up above you when driving but the boat isn’t supposed to be an RC

• The spawn pad has collision

• The texture quality on the bottom of the boat is the same as the RC boat which looks really bad compared to the rest of the boat (-notexturescaling is on)

• The boat has no collision with player placed objects

• The headlights are on the inside of the boat

• I’m not really sure how to replicate this but sometimes if I move my camera up or down through the water the overlay will stay on or stay off in the wrong spots

• The UI only shows “leave speed boat” when you can also turn on the headlights and go into first person

I know for a fact there are more bugs than this, so if you can think of many more leave them in the replies. These bugs ruin what I’d consider the best milestone.

Fixing these would also fix any similar issues with the RC speedboat.

I’m sorry for this unstructured mess of a post but it’s difficult to fit all of these into one post and make it look nice.

EDIT: Just noticed that the reason you don’t move with the boat is that the seats on the boat aren’t moving with it. You can still sit in them above the spawning pad:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.