[0.8.4.1]Texture Quality option is malfunction

A lot of textures stay in high quality when I set the Texture quality to low. In Condo, the game loads the wooden floor texture in highest quality and then swaps it very quick to the low one, but the rest stays in high quality hm.

1 Like

Try putting -NOTEXTURESTREAMING in your Steam Launch Options. This’ll make things take a little longer to load, and may reduce performance, but textures will look nice.

1 Like

Your tip helps to get rid of sudden low texture problem. My issue is not having the textures low when I set them to low.

Ah, my bad! I completely misread this.

Try turning off steam cloud and deleting your settings file.
Sadly I’m not sure where this settings file actually is.
It might be in appdata/local or in the game’s directory in your steam library. I’m not sure sorry.
But I’ve also had the issue of settings not applying despite me setting them to that, and it was solved after I reset a good portion of my game.

Not working. In fact with all the default settings I now have a strange shadow flashing when I look around in the plaza, my god and hm how do I describe this, as if a sudden invisible cloud appears above me making a large shadow where I am walking backwards.

The settings folder is located at C:\Users\zyx\AppData\Local\Tower

Edit: “Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webm).” seriously…

Edit: “Sorry, that file is too big (maximum size is 8072kb). Why not upload your large file to a cloud sharing service, then paste the link?” OH MY GOD

There, can’t take a flv file and not a 10 mb webm file either useless forum. fun

This is the AO bug. Try disabling AO.

1 Like

Okay, that helps with the flickering hmm this means the “-dx10” parameter is broken ?
-NOSPLASH -dx10

Edit: Oh its -d3d10 but still uses AO hmm. yeah, either AO is available in DX10 too (?) or the parameter is broken.
Edit 2: Yeah DX10 supports AO. The DX11 only note in the graphic settings is false.

DX10 AO is currently broken.

ah. then uhh name it “broken (in DX10)”

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.