[0.6.1.1] Transparency broken on some imports due to lack of depth sorting on material shader

Noticed this has been an issue since the release of your material editor (which is a wonderful addition btw). Due to the lack of depth sorting things like hair pieces that rely on multiple meshes are destroyed upon import.

Is this something that can be looked at? Sorry if this is more a suggestion than a bug, I’m even more sorry if this an error on my part. Haven’t seen anyone else on the workshop manage to pull it get this working correctly either.

This is a limitation of the translucent materials in Unreal Engine. What you’d want to use to solve this is masked materials. I can expose that as a setting. But, masked materials lack any gradients.

1 Like

Sure! I don’t see what the harm in no gradients would be, at least in this instance.

Also that’s crazy to think that UE doesn’t support it, maybe they will down the line! Thank you very much for the quick response.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.