[0.17.9.1] Changing laser too quickly doesn't produce correct results

Summary of bug here.
Turning a laser off exactly 1 second after a receiver receives an input signal will cause the receiver to behave as though it is still receiving the input signal.

Steps to Reproduce

The steps listed are in the summary; however, I have a timer in my condo that turns the laser beam on for exactly 1 second and then turns it off. The receiver still behaves as though it is still receiving the input signal.

What I expected to happen

After the input signal is turned off, the receiver should behave as though it is not receiving a signal.

What happened

See summary.

For more context, sometimes it doesn’t matter if there’s any amount of time that changes. Occasionally, the receiver will not reset unless you give it an input signal and then remove it more than once.
Attached is the copy of a demo I made. The green button is hooked up to a timer that is 0.1 seconds. When completed it turns on the laser. The red button is hooked up to a timer that is 0.1 seconds. When completed it turns off the laser.

Had this exact same issue when trying to make logic gates using lasers and toggling physics objects hidden.

If I recall correctly, the laser would just not update until something with an ongoing simulation (not including currently static objects or players in noclip) passed in front of it.