[0.17.9.0] SDK - Mover Simple doesn't move certain items in Game Worlds (but only sometimes)

I have a Mover Simple in my map editor that works great, but when playtesting it only moves the Canvas Cubes in the group and leaves everything else (Cylinder, Canvas Button, Placeable Light, and Sound Emitter) behind. But, in some playtest sessions, the other items are moved properly. It feels random when it works.

Adding extra canvas cubes to the group works fine. Adding extra cylinders/buttons/etc does not work.

I also tried adding some other random extra items to the group: A Ball Race trophy, an Acoustic Diffuser Panel Wood, a Simple Button, and a Water Volume. The only one of those that moves consistently is the Water Volume.

Separate, Mostly Unrelated Bug (but Possibly Relevant)

A separate bug happens sometimes where the game freezes for a moment and suddenly a bunch of IO stuff is reset; not sure how to reproduce that one either but I think it has something to do with switching between the map editor and playtest mode in a several hour long session. Sometimes all items disappear briefly when this happens, as if all of the items are getting quickly stashed and re-placed after they’re initially spawned, although the freeze only lasts for a second at most.

That other bug happened once while playtesting and, maybe somewhat notably, that instance was one of the few times when the elevator actually worked.

How to reproduce (maybe)

My only guess for what could possibly be causing this is that I’ve seen workshop Game World maps seemingly prioritize certain IO items and Canvas Cubes, spawning those before everything else.

If that’s true, I’m assuming what happens is that the mover only initially moves items that were loaded before it, or maybe items that take too long to load are for whatever reason excluded from groups in workshop maps. Or something like that.

So, usually the cubes are loaded first and that’s when only the cubes move. But then sometimes the other items load first, or the entire map unloads and reloads, and then that’s when the mover works properly. Maybe.

Notes / Media

I considered including my .map and condodata files in this post but felt kinda iffy about putting them in a public report. I can send them in a private message if it would help diagnose the issue though.

Mover in Map Editor, working:

Mover in LC, working:

Mover in LC, broken:

1 Like

I’d really appreciate a DM with the .map, I can run it in the editor to see what’s going on.

I’ve done a lot of behind the scenes changes to ensure movers are setup in the correct order. Should be in the next hot fix.

Actually fixes a ton of connection issues and workshop models and movers.

Thank you for the report and the detailed information.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue also. The movers just stay paused regardless of whether I have them paused or not.

Not working in editor:

Working in editor:

Not working in test:

Working in test:

1 Like