[0.17.8.0] Trivia is still bugged

Players are still getting stuck and unable to answer in trivia despite the bugs being reported as fixed in the latest patch. A new bug has also been introduced in which occasionally a player who is unable to answer gets switched to another seat and able to answer the next question. This usually doesn’t happen though, usually they just get stuck. And even if they do get switched, they miss a question which can cost them the game regardless.

2 Likes

This is pretty difficult to reproduce. The fix was to ensure players get put into the seats if they somehow weren’t already. When players are unable to answer are they in the seat?

Yes, I am no longer witnessing players getting booted from seats, just unable to answer.

2 Likes

Okay, good to know. When these players are unable to answer, do they have a screen turned on?

I’m not sure, I should have thought to check for that but didn’t. I’ll check next time I witness the bug.

1 Like

I triggered the bug myself today on seat #2. (this is where it most frequently occurs, I edited my original post on Steam forums cause I meant to say seat #2, not #3.)

I was unable to answer questions from the beginning of the match, and the small trivia screen in front of me was on and working properly. It was displaying that I was getting questions wrong as I was missing answering them. I was able to press escape and “leave match”.

1 Like

Thank you for all the information on this issue. I’ll be working on a fix.

3 Likes

Experienced a new bug today on the right most seat (#6) in which I sat on the podium and when the game began, I wasn’t in the game. (unable to answer, name not on the screen)

1 Like

Experienced another new bug today, started a trivia game with me in seat #3 and another player in seat #2. I was able to answer the first question of the game, but then got moved to seat #1 and could not answer anymore questions.

1 Like

Thank you for all the new information. I am working on a fix.

2 Likes

Yesterday I put in about 12 hours on Trivia, gaining around 1.2m xp on the leaderboards. I also achieved a new personal best score of 9300. Ever since this morning, I can no longer gain XP or wins on the Trivia leaderboards, and my personal best in my collection book has reverted to my previous personal best of 9150.

Experienced a player in seat #6 today being unable to answer, and then two other players could not answer either so only one player in game could answer questions.

On a site note, i’m sure you are aware but it is noteworthy that the “Games Won with 6 Players” collection book stat does not track properly, and is higher than the total wins stat for every player i’ve talked to about it.

For me, my total wins is 3120 and my wins with 6 players is 3,654. A friend of mine has 400 wins but wins with 6 players is 893. Both stats appear to raise when you win a game with at least one other player so the “6 player” descriptor is not accurate. They do not increase when playing solo. What doesn’t make sense to me is why the “6 player wins” stat would always be higher than the total wins stat when both appear to raise one at a time as long as you are winning a game with someone else playing.