[0.17.10.0] Billiards is very broken

Hi, this isn’t going to be a traditionally formatted report due to the nature of the bug(s).

In short: Billiards is very broken, there’s a multitude of bugs (presumably seven) that can happen seemingly at random with no clear way of replication. Some of these softlock entirely forcing the player to rejoin the server. The frequency and order is also unpredictable making it evermore frustrating.

I’ve gotten a video with nearly all the bugs I experienced. Some were taking too long to trigger so I have no footage but are essentially variations of what you will see.

I have a suspicion the bugs might be triggered based on a combination of server load and the recent engine upgrade. I’ve experienced bugs before the engine upgrade but not as bad as these are and I only started noticing them yesterday after the anniversary event started.

List of bugs in the order they will appear in the video:

• 01:05 Softlocking bug where pool UI does not clear, taking a shot softlocks all pool controls and the turn never ends. “Leave billiards” option on player list and menu is not present, I cannot teleport anywhere or respawn. Only option is to rejoin the server.

• 02:10 Bug where I’m immediately kicked out of the pool game and it continues with 0 players for an indefinite time. My playermodel’s rotation stays fixed but I can start a new game on a different pool, while the old one continues to stay active.

• 03:00 Bug where the game starts, the cue stick is sent out of bounds underneath the plaza (where assets are stored) and the game instantly wins awarding me units.

• 04:00 Bug where at the end of a normal game, the table softlocks itself showing null players required to start and the UI element becomes white. Attempting to start a game on this table does nothing and later on the UI element becomes a completely white square only visible from one way.

For this bug, I only have a screenshot:

• Bug where some of the balls are never rendered making the game unwinnable if the 8th ball is affected or just forcing players to pocket it prematurely. I got the worst possible outcome…

These bugs I have no footage for:

• Softlocking bug where the game starts completely normal but as soon as I take my shot, the turn never ends like in the other softlocking bug. Sometimes this happens mid-game but the turn ends properly, it only seems to softlock if it happens on the first turn. I’m unsure if the conditions between both bugs are the same.

• Sometimes the out of bound bugs does not automatically win, resulting on yet another softlock where I’m forced to rejoin the server. I can sometimes take my shot in this state but the turn never ends.

2 Likes

Just experienced a new one:

• Bug where the cue stick is invisible and after taking the shot the ball will be reset as if I scratched. Happened mid-game.
2 Likes

Update on the OP’s bugs, it would appear the bug that kicks out the player will have the table stuck on a game until the player leaves the nightclub, or possibly the area near the tables.
After returning the table fixes itself, one normal game can be played and then the table softlocks into the “null players required to start” state.

2 Likes

I am currently investigating these issues.

2 Likes