[0.14.5.1] First Person Leg Animations Pause When Not Seen + Footsteps Sounds Stop

The animations pause on the first person legs when you aren’t looking straight down. While I assume this is for optimization, the animations being paused can still be seen on some models, plus I assume it’s not super worth it to optimize an animation that needs to be deliberately enabled anyway. In addition to this, the footstep sounds stop at around the same time the animations pause, with or without first person legs enabled. ᵐʸ ᶦᵐᵐᵉʳˢᶦᵒⁿ…

Steps to Reproduce

1. Enable First Person Legs
  2. Look down and run around
  3. Quickly look up while still running, with some models you will see the animation paused.

Footstep sounds pause similarly regardless of if First Person Legs are enabled or not.

2 Likes

I’ll work on a fix. And yes, this was due to optimization.

1 Like

I’d like to tack on a few other weird things I’ve noticed with fp legs. Some model’s heads still render sometimes, which blocks your view. Entering third person for a moment clears that up. And sometimes your body appears sideways when exiting an arcade game, maybe also happens from other things, but I’ve mainly noticed it with arcade games.

1 Like

This is now fixed in the next update.

1 Like