[0.14.4.1] Disabled map objects still show up in window reflections

My issue is thus: I’ve disabled some stuff on highrise that clashes a bit with what I envisioned (the big af chandelier, for example), but the disabled objects still show up in the numerous windows all over and they’re bright and jarring enough that I’m considering re-enabling those objects even though some of them are walled or decorated over.

Honestly I’m not quite sure if this should go in bug reports or suggestions considering I have no idea how baked into the engine these reflections are, and I realise actually dynamic window reflections would be insane. But if they could somehow at least be dynamic enough to remove big map objects that would be swell. If it’s a nightmare to fix, I’ll cope with them!

Steps to Reproduce

Stare at some windows while a map object is disabled, preferably with high settings

What I expected to happen

The objects in question should not be reflected in the windows anymore

What happened

My condo doesn’t look as good as it should :frowning:

Notes / Media

Reflection maps are baked in with static shadows and lighting iirc. It may not be possible to generate Reflection maps in runtime.

6 Likes

It is not unless you could somehow rebuild the condo map in-game (which would be fantastic for many things) or employ real-time raytracing.

2 Likes