[0.12.2.2] Certain souncloud channel's songs not playing on TV (Media request failed)

For some reason neither I or my friends can play any track from this soundcloud - they get an error “Media: Media request failed”, while other songs seem to be playing alright

Felt bad as it was my own soundcloud >.> But I get it’s related to some issues which might be affecting lots of other soundcloud tracks or accounts. I hope this issue can be fixed

1 Like

This happens if the soundcloud track doesn’t allow embedding.

1 Like

I’m not sure if that’s exactly what you’re talking about, but both these checkmarks are checked on the tracks изображение
Also I believe they all were played on TVs fine before, like, this summer maybe

1 Like

I managed to narrow down the issue. It turns out that there is a condition in the code that isn’t met that suggests that information is missing from most of your Soundcloud tracks… the artwork. I verified this by requesting a track that didn’t work before, and when I disabled that condition check, the track plays.

This is an issue I will need to investigate further, but for the time being I suggest you add images to your tracks, even if it is the exact same image as your profile picture. Only that way will the tracks play until this is fixed.

2 Likes

oh my god, i’m glad the issue’s been tracked! Will be waitin for it to be fixed, and thank you for the temporal fix suggestion
Also should I move this thread back to the bug reports for as long as this issue is being solved?

1 Like

Done :+1:

2 Likes

This has been fixed for the next update.

2 Likes