[0.12.0.0] Some Canvas Walls/Primitives Glow

Title. Many of my canvas walls and primitives have a weird glow or lighting issue on them, despite having their Glow set to 0. This is new to 0.12.0.0.

These screenshots are all from the House condo.

1 Like

Just want to mention this again. This issue still exists in 0.12.0.1. I’d also like to mention that it occurs no matter what time the day/night cycle is at, and regardless of the moon intensity.

I hope it’s fixed soon, my build heavily relies on canvas objects and it looks bad right now ):

I’ll be taking a look into this issue this week.

5 Likes

It seems to be based on the position of the sun

Sorry to necro this thread kinda, but this is still an issue and has kinda put my House build on hold for the last 6 months :frowning:

I’m looking into this. It looks like it has to do with the way that indirect lighting is being computed per object.

2 Likes

I found the issue: we changed the indirect lighting computation mode in 0.12.0.0 in the House condo. I’m gonna investigate if we can mitigate the issue by tweaking settings, otherwise we will just revert it to the old system.

Speaking of which, the Resort condo also uses this different indirect lighting mode, but it is not possible to change it to the old version because it does not support sublevels, which Resort has a lot of. I wonder if people experience the same lighting problems in that map.

5 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Sorry about the delay. It has been fixed for the next update for the House condo.

I don’t see any lighting seams. What am I looking for here?

1 Like

The lights in the room are sorta dim to make it less noticeable, but cranking the saturation and contrast makes it stand out a bit more.

Edit a few minutes later:
It’s a lot more noticeable with no lights on.

3 Likes

This bug seems to be happening in Courtyard Villa:

3 Likes