Working Ticket Dispensers

With the new 2D system you guys have (that’s being used for the arcade), maybe you could make some elements of the plaza like the ticket dispensers work. What I have in mind is that you go thru the prompt for how many tickets you want and Child/Senior/Adult (let’s say this train only has this stop and another far away, so we don’t need to make up fake train stop names). You can then buy these tickets, they will dispense on the bottom and you can click them to pick them up. They’d work like any other equitable item, and would display the number of people/info on the card itself (maybe you could throw the tickets at people too?). If you leave your tickets in the dispenser, other people can come and grab them, too.
Might seem like a “small/useless feature”, but hey isn’t that what’s so good about TU? all the little features it has?

I always appreciate these kinds of little details in games, so I’m all for it.

1 Like

I like the idea of having a little card in your inventory that shows how long you’ve been in the tower. Much like the mercenary badge in tf2.

3 Likes

I don’t know why I want this so badly but I suddenly do

Edit: Train/Subway Tickets would be a nice extra clutter item for condos, I welcome all clutter.

3 Likes

instead of elevator: source

SUBWAY: UNREAL

1 Like

Wait a 2D system for the arcade?..

OH CMON I WAS GONNA USE THAT IDEA FOR MY FUTURE JOB APPLICATION FOR PIXELTAIL GAMES!!!

oh well atleast it was my idea and it came true anyways

wait when did they even have the idea for it?

Many many months ago when they first showed off the arcade on stream.

If you’re concerned about it, make a 3D System for the arcade! Job security, before you’re hired :wink:

Wait when they mean 2d did they mean flash games, i had a cool idea for it being a condo item and cuztomizable

Also job security?

looks like penetration testing is another idea

And yes i was planning on a 3d system as well

unity ironically

Also when specifically, if its this year than it was my idea all allong

No, the devs meant developing their own 2D games for arcade machines.

1 Like

We’ve had the plan for 2D arcades since the beginning of this project. We have an API that interfaces with Zak’s custom arcade 2D framework.

1 Like

Wait when you said this project did you mean the arcade or the game as a whole? If its the arcade since when did you plan it?

Also are you gonna make the api thing so that users could upload their own games? That would be a good idea for the condo

Since the beginning of Tower Unite. Yeah, one of our plans is to allow people to upload their games to workshop.

Oh ok

i think my already burning ideas got burned, again