Why not have some fancy loading screens? [SOLVED]

Its no secret that we spend a lot of time looking at loading screens in Unite. And I dont’ have a problem with that in the slightest afterall the games gotta load what the games gotta load.

But what I’m suggesting is that rather than just having grey and mundane loading screens we can treat our eyes to some more decorative and visually relevant screens.

This was of course a feature back in GMT and it was done very well there. A screen shot of the map, the gamemode logo and a description filled with a cheesy joke from the developers is a really nice bit of polish can go a surprisingly long way.

14 Likes

It can return and all but the “last seen” would have to go (since that’s kinda unneeded). Could add in just overall gamemode stats like “Times played on map”, “hours spent playing gamemode/times played” and such! If the loading times become better in the future then maybe a neat animated background would work too.

4 Likes

Now downloading lobby 2

Kicked from server, Missing Map.

6 Likes

Loading screens in Unreal 4 currently cause crashes and they do not update. You also cannot display how much progress is left on loading the level, which is something we’re looking into but it’s not really easy either because Unreal doesn’t give us much information on shipping builds.

But, once we figure these things out, we do want more interesting loading screens. There’s already ones that show the map in the background in the game, but since they crash, we pulled them out of the game until we figure it out.

14 Likes

Thank you for the response Mac, I hope that some day you can solve the issues with loading screens.