Update 0.4.0.3

Card

Description

This card has no description.

Changes

[ul][li]Reduced load times on the menu by removing the 3D background[/li][li]Added default monitor selection as a graphic setting (for multi-monitor setups)[/li][li]Condo map list no longer uses a horizontal scrollbar and will tile the maps properly (for those on 16:9 720p/1080p, you should see all the Condo maps at once now)[/li][li]Improved the flashlight (no longer clips with nearby walls and is a lot more smooth)[/li][/ul]

Bug Fixes

[ul][li]Reduced networking size for Inventory hot bar items with the intention to fix full hot bars not working while in Plaza[/li][li]Fixed mouse sensitivity resetting[/li][li]Optimization: Highrise no longer uses an expensive ocean shader[/li][li]Optimization: Highrise Tower in the distance was too detailed and caused performance issues[/li][li]Fixed glass when viewed from the inside removing fog effects from the entire map (effects Highrise and other maps that use windows a lot)[/li][li]Fixed Canvas sprites rendering through water shaders (such as Underwater condo)[/li][li]Fixed Canvas sprites rendering through translucent things[/li][li]Fixed Canvas normal map missing[/li][li]Fixed underwater effects not working in first person[/li][li]Fixed a grid box being visible in Highrise[/li][li]Minigolf: Fixed Forest having day night enabled[/li][li]Fixed a bug when you click off the splash screen, you’d lose input on the menu and have to click again to interact with the menu[/li][li]Fixed an issue where FOV settings would reset when another player joins your server[/li][li]Fixed a bug with the appearance UI that prevented certain resolutions from being able to interact with it[/li][li]Fixed super low poly LOD being set on appearance character in the menu if you had view distance set to low[/li][li]Fixed appearance editor in the menu having terrible lighting, making it hard to see certain effects and also it lacked shadows on the character[/li][li]Fixed certain number UI inputs (stairs, poker bets) having float values[/li][/ul]

Before Ship

[ul][li]Build[/li][li]Test[/li][li]Write changelog[/li][li]Deploy[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

[ul][li]A new checklist named “Before Ship” has been added to the card.[/li][li]A new checklist named “Bug Fixes” has been added to the card.[/li][li]A new checklist named “Changes” has been added to the card.[/li][li]“Condo map list no longer uses a horizontal scrollbar and will tile the maps properly (for those on 16:9 720p/1080p, you should see all the Condo maps at once now)” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed a bug when you click off the splash screen, you’d lose input on the menu and have to click again to interact with the menu” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Minigolf: Fixed Forest having day night enabled” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed a grid box being visible in Highrise” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed underwater effects not working in first person” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed Canvas normal map missing” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Optimization: Highrise no longer uses an expensive ocean shader” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Optimization: Highrise Tower in the distance was too detailed and caused performance issues” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed glass when viewed from the inside removing fog effects from the entire map (effects Highrise and other maps that use windows a lot)” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed Canvas sprites rendering through water shaders (such as Underwater condo)” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed Canvas sprites rendering through translucent things” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

Will we be able to toggle this back on if we want to?

2 Likes

Seems very unlikely. If so, why?

what 3D background

Personally it’s because it looks well with the UI, having it changed to a grey screen just seems kinda bland and boring.
A random selection of static images could work though.
Plus most computers should be able to load what i assume is either picture that just moves around like in Gmod, or a small world where the only thing there is the skybox.

@vtipoman I think the 3D background they are refering to might be an actual world that the game is rendering in the main menu.
Either that or the 3D background they are refering to might be the semi transparent pause menu where you can still see the plaza when you pause the game, which doesn’t sound 3D at all.

1 Like

I mean, they havent stated that the background is gonna be gray…

I would say it opens a lot of opportunities to make the menu better. You might get some random changing backgrounds which would fit the themes.

I like the flying background though, it was never a huge problem to me…

Dangit

1 Like

It’s not gray. It’s random images.

5 Likes

I kinda liked the Forest day night cycle.

2 Likes

[ul][li]“Fixed mouse sensitivity resetting” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

3 Likes

Thank god…now i don’t look like i activated my triggerbot everytime i play the game xd

[ul][li]“Reduced load times on the menu by removing the 3D background” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Reduced networking size for Inventory hot bar items with the intention to fixing full hot bars not working while in Plaza” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Fixed appearance editor in the menu having terrible lighting, making it hard to see certain effects and also it lacked shadows on the character” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed super low poly LOD being set on appearance character in the menu if you had view distance set to low” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed a bug with the appearance UI that prevented certain resolutions from being able to interact with it” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][li]“Fixed an issue where FOV settings would reset when another player joins your server” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Improved the flashlight (no longer clips with nearby walls and is a lot more smooth)” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Added default monitor selection as a graphic setting (for multi-monitor setups)” has been checked off on the “Changes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

woo! all the things done! except before ship of course…

Unless they add something else

2 Likes

[ul][li]“Fixed Oculus rift being attached to the game” has been checked off on the “Bug Fixes” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes