Twitch Player Problem?

Hi I’m about 3 days new to this server and I’ve been grinding to get my apartment all fancy and whatnot because this games reminds me of a way cleaner gmod cinema server, anyways, when trying to use your player for YouTube everything is fine however for Twitch the only problem I have is when I try to watch a stream like Sodapoppin or loltyler1 or literally anyone you need to click the “Yes I understand” inside the actual player because it is an “18+ stream” and I can’t login my twitch acc to bypass it either since its just a link requester and my shift+tab in Steam doesn’t bring those cookies or whatever over either so I can’t even watch 80% of the streamer I follow on the server :\ I was just curious if there’s a future fix to this or if there’s a way you can bypass it. I tried looking all over the place but no one posted about this. Aside from this problem I love the server a lot so far <3 except maybe that cannonball map on minigolf LOL but anyway thank you for reading.

This is a known issue that they are working on, thanks for reporting though :slight_smile:
Also welcome to the tower!

4 Likes

Okay awesome I wasn’t sure if I was the only one and it’s kinda a weirdly specific thing to type in any search bar so thank you for replying!

3 Likes

I too find that annoying. Hopefully they figure out a fix soon!

[quote=“BEANLORD, post:1, topic:24212, full:true”]
this games reminds me of a way cleaner gmod cinema server,[/quote]

Well, there’s a good reason for that. This is made by the same devs, just in case you didn’t know.

2 Likes

Bring up the steam web browser in-game

Log-in with your account on the steam browser

This will save your account settings, allowing you to bypass it.

P.S. this will also work for things like Netflix ( but you’ll be the only one that can see it playing) Hope this helps.

LOL you dodn’t read my post thoroughly I typed this already and that was the very first thing I tried and in multiple ways, its also pretty common sense why it doesn’t work like that, the video is brought up through the server not my personal ip so it wouldn’t transfer my cookies. I don’t know why you’d suggest it.

It doesn’t bring up the media through the server, it is all clientside and uses the Steam overlay web browser.

1 Like

If that was the case, i wouldn’t be able to use Netflix like i already stated. Try not being a dick when someone tries helping you out next time.

I don’t know any +18 streams to show you, but here is a screenshot of it working for netflix