Turning off the coolz graphics?

I was so hyped for TU though when it came out I didn’t play it as much as I thought I would :frowning:
This was because of the awesome graphics that everyone was loving and how my PC couldn’t handle it. I simply don’t care whether it looks as good as real life. I would much more prefer the simpler GMod graphics with no shadows or great lighting and my PC could handle it than having AMAZING AND OUTSTANDING graphics and have my PC dying. THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS SUGGESTION ISN’T ASKING THE DEVELOPERS TO GET RID OF THE GREAT GRAPHICS!!! The point is to ask if it would be possible to make an OPTION to get rid of the shadows and the lighting and stuff like grass without messing with the files. (I do know there is a guide on steam about deleting files)

I don’t think he’s asking for it to be optimized, but for the graphics to be simplified like it was back in the days of GMT. How it wasn’t so “over-saturated” (not the best choice of word) with detail.

1 Like

Well, there’s plenty of options in the menu for reducing graphics levels. One of the best ones to use is the resolution slider. My graphics card isn’t working properly, so at this point I need to play using my integrated graphics. It’s not ideal, but minimizing all settings, playing in a window, and reducing that slider to 50 (or lower) does give me a framerate that’s technically playable.

At the end of the day, though, this is an Unreal Engine 4 game. You’re expected to have the hardware to handle it, and no matter what the devs do there will be a level where you’ll just need to accept that you can’t play it nicely without getting more up-to-date hardware.

4 Likes

Actually not a bad idea IMO. I have a friend who can’t play anything in Tower except minigolf and trivia, so a bare-bones “minimal” mode would be kinda helpful.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I’m getting near 60 FPS at points

I said make an option, I never mentioned getting rid of it completely.
Personally, I love the good graphics but TBH I could only really view them from something like a youtube video. Like you said if they did do that it would be a waste of time. It would also be selfish for the people who can run it and love them.

how about you buy a better pc

1 Like

A lot of people can’t afford/aren’t allowed to buy new pc parts, you know.

2 Likes

This is just my opinion, and i have no real dev experience, but I feel most modern games should have a terd gfx setting. I dont know how much time it would take out of the devs, but it would greatly expand the player base.

1 Like

I’m currently looking into this.

1 Like

I hate that reply.
MONEY ISN’T SOMETHING THAT GROWS ON TREES

1 Like