The dumbest question in known history

sigh

How do I print screen? I see the button for it on my keyboard, but I don’t seem to be able to make it work.

I may be hopelessly computer illiterate.

alt + print screen
but you’re better off using sharex

1 Like

I have no idea what you know and what you already tried, so I’m just going to assume you never printscreened in your entire life

you press printscreen, then open an image editing software (MSpaint will do) and press ctrl+V

Thanks for suggesting Sharex @Umbra , this program should let me do more of what I want.

@vtipoman I like to think I know a decent amount about computers, I’ve just never needed to do a print screen in awhile. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

you can also CTRL + V directly to discord but the Pixeltail server doesn’t allow file uploading. So you’re probably better off with ShareX

Lightshot is an amazing little lightweight utility for Windows. Makes instant sharing of a screenshot a breeze, no MSPaint or any other program needed.

doesn’t lightshot embed images to discord really ugly though? and when you open the page in a browser it has ads?
Edit: I checked. It does both of those things I said

You must be doing something wrong cuz I have neither of those problems. I mainly use the “Copy” action so it directly copies the selected area to your clipboard, easy to Ctrl + V into anywhere, including here:

ah right well most people use the url function and such
otherwise it’s fine