Stop the wheels from jerking when reaching the end of their spin cycle

A problem I have with Spin to Win and Wheel of Money is the way that the wheel physically spasms when it looks like it is going towards a favorable result. After watching the wheel for a while you can predict where it’s going to land, then once this visual spasm happens you know that “oh it’s a potato”, or “oh its 10 credits.”

This isn’t a complaint about those unfortunate odds, it’s a complaint about the fact that when the wheel spasms you can guarantee imminent disappointment because it looks like the wheel just rigged itself mid-spin. What I would like to see is this visual issue cleared up so that if the wheel is going to land on unfavorable results, it does so in what looks like a natural spin cycle without blatant spasms.

There’s really no easy fix for this. The reason it “snaps” is because the client and server are syncing up. The spin is made from the server, and then the. Correct result is sent to the client, resulting in the “snap”. If there was no snap, you could land visually on the Grand Piano and get awarded a Hula Doll, because that’s what the server saw you land on.

1 Like

Do you think it would be plausible to see a fix for this in the long term? In other words, do you think the issue is fixable even if it is difficult to tackle?

Probably not? I’m not a developer, so I cannot speak from experience, and I urge you to take this with a grain of salt. But I think that it’s mostly something that cannot be fixed by the devs, because it’s a lag/networking thing.
E: As expected im super wrong sorry

There is a fix, but it is not high priority right now.

2 Likes