Steam Community URL

Whelp, I didn’t see a post for this so here we go!

So we have a Steam profile URL on our forum profiles, however it uses the custom URL

that can be changed ANY time, that means that if it is changed and someone wants to see a person’s profile… well they can’t because that link no longer exist. I believe that someone should change it to use the SteamID64 perma link by default.

Just little thing I saw.

Edit: Sorry for putting this in suggestions, I have hardly any knowledge of what Meta means so I assumed to

I use the steamid64 variant.
What URL it uses is dependent on what link you enter, it does not work by linking your steam profile.
EDIT: Guess you know that, you are suggesting for the vanity URL to be automatically converted to a steamid64 link, right?

Yep

Edit: Now I’m confused because I don’t remember how the sign up process worked, but I’m pretty use that when you signed in through Steam it automatically put in your custom URL if you had one of course. I’m just saying that it would be more convenient if it pulled the 64 URL. However this is hardly an issue and I’m sure not many have a concern towards this, but hey it’s just a little nitpick I have.