Runner Road (New game idea)

I thought of a good game idea that might work its way into TU nicely. So this game mode is called: “Runner Road”

The basic concept for this game-mode is that players will compete against eachother to clear an obstacle course.
The controls are quite simple, you press Space to jump, and Ctrl to slide. Pretty simple, right? Well here’s where things get complicated, along the way players can collect power-ups. These range from traps to projectiles. A list of all the power ups will be listed at the bottom of the post.
Runner Road features 4 courses: Space, Volcano, Mars, Candy-land. Each of these courses will have atleast 1-3 course specific obstacles. For example, space might have aliens you need to jump over, or rocks you gotta slide under. Now, each course should only take around 1 minute to complete, the timer is set at 2 minutes.

This section will be about all the other stuff, skip this if you dont want to go into minor things. I think that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd coin drops should be 100 (1st), 50 (2nd) and 25 (3rd). Anything lower than 3 will give you 10 coins. Whenever you are hit by an obstacle, you should fall over, and get back up, being put back 2 seconds. Something else about the controls, stages will sometimes fling you through the air, and if you press a series of buttons, you get extra coins. Nothing much. Also, the stages will have alternate paths which lead to shortcuts or powerups.

Thanks for reading all this guys, hope you have a good day.

So basically a ripped concept from Speed Runners?

1 Like

Huh. Yeah, its basically speedrunners

I would like a ripoff of freejack, that game was awesome ;o

Please state what you liked about it. See here for why.

I mean its pretty clear by the video. Parkour races with button timing to do acrobatics over/around obstacles with powerups to help yourself or hinder your opponents. The whole concept is good, it was really fun to play :p