Random Events

This thread is getting pretty hyped but I’d liked to mention one thing. Not to be a party pooper but most random events should be discreet and not last long. If they happened all around the lobby or tower I don’t think they’d be as cool not to mention that constant giant random events causing cosmetic changes to the entire map could get rather irritating after a while.

Things like having random objects washing up at the shore, UFO beach crash, finding one unit and having TVs idly display weird ads are perfect. Of course we could have the occasional gluttonous rain, earthquakes and giant tsunamis but I think if these occurred often it could get pretty annoying.

Also I have a suggestion :3 : every so often a fridge will fall to a random spot in the lobby or beach. It will provide one fruit to everybody who interacts with it before despawning after a minute or so. If it falls on somebody it kills them (the person who gets killed would probably get some achievement or trophy as a consolation prize)

1 Like

Maybe instead of fruit you could have it open with a skeleton of Indiana Jones and his hat, and if you interact with it you get the hat instead? Or have both of the ideas separately.

Copyright.

Indirectly referencing things has been discussed before, and if I remember rightly, the PixelTail team don’t want to skirt around the edges of things like that.

“If I remember rightly” is grammatically correct, please don’t nitpick like that.

It’s British English.

How can you be joking about trying to correct me on something, after admitting you looked it up for credibility?

Ooooh! Pick me! My idea is that sometimes during thunderstorms, power outages can occur where all the lights shut off in the tower, then 20 seconds later a computerized voice says “Backup generator initiated.” and all the lights slowly turn back on.

3 Likes

Combine an old idea with this.

Occasionally a rusty old teleporter from Lobby 1 will wash up on the shore, still functional. Using it will teleport you to an overgrown and decaying lobby 1 for you to explore. Maybe a way to get to the old condos and have a few premade ones available to explore (contest idea?)

2 Likes

this is great, reminds me of portal 2

I like that actually. I like the idea of blackouts. Maybe a little more than 20 seconds though. Maybe like a few minutes and the power just goes back on

I thought I remembered discussing blackouts before! That was more than a month ago. I still think it would be a neat idea.

2 Likes

I feel like all these things would not be good lol. Every single second random shit is going on.

No one said this all had to happen in an hour. In fact, I’d say that only one of the things should happen at about 1 hour time differences (preferably it would be somewhat random, like the chance of an event happening increases as time goes by). If stuff was happening all the time, I’d certainly get sick of it. It shouldn’t feel forced or the novelty of random events would be lost. Adding a time gap would make it feel much more random than one event after the other.

1 Like

A percentage that an event will happen might work. Such as an event has a 5% chance to happen every hour (1 per hour of course)

Maybe even to combine this with your idea, if no event happens within the hour the percent stacks, so if nothing happened hour 1, hour 2 would have a 10% chance, hour 3 a 15% chance, etc…

I love these ideas!

Here are few of my ideas:
• There is a rare chance you could be obducted by aliens at night and you could explore their spaceship for some time before you wake up at your condo
• Random secret door appearing on the random wall through which you can enter a secret place for a short period of time before they disappear
• Giant tsunami!
• Enter 3D pixel world of a videogame somehow!

By the way, I would love to see moon map for mini-golf!

Something Involving Rob

Sometimes when entering the game, you get a “dream sequence”.
Basically spawning in a weird place that you can explore
once you reach the end, you wake up, and find yourself sitting in the train/on a bench in the train station, as usual.
Bonus idea: use the bed to revisit old dreams

Sorry. I had to

9 Likes

Thanks for new wallpaper fam

9 Likes