Random Events

you’re welcome. :grin:

Knew it’d be a genius idea!

How about a random event for things like the “Dang, nice shoes!” notification and the “clickity noise” from the current build of the alpha?

Not to take away from the exclusivity of these to the Alpha participants, but it would be amusing to find references to these in the finished game. Also, these shouldn’t affect gameplay as - as of yet - they are all sound/notification randomness.

2 Likes

SPAMMING 7 :astonished:

We should have a actual working tv where you could switch between channels like in gta! I would watch the hell out of the SDNL channel!

2 Likes

I don’t know if you said this because I didn’t read it all but there should be a boat that parks at the board walk for a little bit then drives everyone that got on around, it would give them a short tour of TU!

I think their using the monorail for the TU tour, and if you meant a tour of the ocean it’s supposed to be something the player discovers and explores

Actually, the TV is supposed to read Youtube and other video site in synchronizing, switching channel would be more likely switching between Favorited video link but that’s pretty much it, And maybe a camera checking on the lobbyplaza at different places :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine having a show called Zak’s Antics that just shows Zak doing stupid stuff in front of a webcam that would be on a default channel.

4 Likes

How about every now and then, a random set of “collectables” (could be things like special posters on walls not usually there, or perhaps the old collectable from Ballrace hidden around in random places) appears in the lobby for a short time, and then disappears after a set time? Each player in the lobby who wanted to participate in the activity of finding these collectables could be rewarded Units based off of every one they find, so long as every one of them is found.

To recap, there could be a random event to hide collectables around the lobby, where each player is awarded for how many they find at the end if all collectables are found. If the players take too long, the collectibles will disappear and nobody will earn an award. Special messages could be printed in the chat or on screen to signify the start of the event, the time left, how many collectibles have been found out of the total number of collectibles, and the end of the event.

This would be a fun little scavenger hunt to get the entire server involved, as well as encouraging exploration around the map.

EDIT: 1 month later…

1 Like

All our pets could sometimes just run away from us and all go to the middle of the lobby and started jumping around or doing something. (if that’s possible)

Also I loved the idea of ballrace balls falling from the sky and the stores commercials randomly on cinema.

wow that would acttualy be pretty cool.

2 Likes

Whack Obama!

I love the idea about the random Virus spread in the lobby. Great list :smiley:

This is an edit.

What might work better, is there is a very small chance a futuristic attack chopper similar to half-life’s hunter-choppers will buzz the plaza with a radio broadcast being heard around it about a dissident being in the area. It could fly around the tower and off into the distance behind the tower.

1 Like

When you go into the condo lobby elevators, a random Elevator Source room appears in the way that it appears in the GMod gamemode!

1 Like

Suggestions that give more reason to ride the roller coaster and Ferris wheel are really awesome! That way people would have more reason to keep returning to them and stick around the lobby in general

These ideas are god like

Why doesn’t this have 500 votes

I’ll go ahead and vote for this. I forgot this thread existed!

1 Like