Projection Mapping (Proof of Concept)

Yea, I’m still hoping for this, I have some ideas that would require it to “autoplay”

Little update, finished the last prototype version, I’ll be moving into actual video stuff soon, and for those that want to see it, I’ll open my condo sometime today

4 Likes

First “Full” test (IE: not a static image, and fully aligned with no re-positioning of the projector needed/required

7 Likes

wow awesome idea! you should totally do a lightshow :grin:

1 Like

I actually have something like that planned, which would possibly include other effects like smoke and whatnot

Do you have news about @SOCKS’s animation?

1 Like

Not much yet, we’re both working on stuff for this, and I sent him the “final” mapping template a few days ago, I’ll update this thread with more info soon

1 Like

No real news yet, I’ve been stuck between work and also not wanting to get too far into animation with the mapping templates incomplete. I’ve been gathering ideas and footage to make more of a live action visual thing instead of a primitive animation. I’m expecting to explore the SATURN V Missions from NASA using a lot of the imagery the launches of three space shuttle missions: STS-114, STS-117 and STS-124.

I’m opening my reply up as any ideas or feedback, in order to keep this thread alive I’ll be posting updates as they happen, I’m sure Zombie will be doing the same.

Thanks for your continued interest in these ideas, it’s great that the work of Zombie has gathered this amount of attention, and that I can share some of the benefits of his work in my own creative endeavours.

2 Likes

Just like those Chirstmas lightshows you see at houses or like Disney’s World of Color, you could have different animations and colors (like you already have), but correspond them with music to put on a real show!
I would really like to see how this comes out!!

Funny you say that, I’ve been writing out a simple set of holiday themed animations that I might develop for stuff like Christmas and Halloween

1 Like

O thats so cool! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Started work on some Halloween/Christmas stuff :smiley:

4 Likes

This is awesome, great use of the projector!

Made a little more progress today, Nothing big,

edit Some more minor changes, It’ll tie in to the animation stuff better

3 Likes

this is way to hard to recreate

Naturally, especially if you’re going off of older templates that I don’t use anymore, the biggest thing is getting everything places just right so it all lines up properly

Could you upload the newer templates, also where did you put your projector?

1 Like

He posted the newest templates.

1 Like

I’ll post them sometime (I’m actually out of the house right now, so I can’t get the new ones until tomorrow). Projector is on a pole by the pool, I’ll show some screenshots sometime tomorrow too, I’ve been working on updating the original post to add in some new info. You’ll have to do a lot of tweaking with the projector though, as I didn’t really document all the work that went into aligning it and positioning it.

A little side note too, I’ve been doing some tests with bumping the resolution up, so I’ll probably throw those in too at some point. Eventually it might be worth making a new thread as this was sort of started to show the prototyping/proof of concept phase

2 Likes