Moderation

Since the coming global chat will also be accessible from the main menu, the rules should be in plain sight before anybody is even allowed to use public chat. Maybe the first time you click on it, it’ll give you a pop up of all the rules you must follow with a little “I agree” button at the bottom. Afterwards, I imagine there could be a “Chat Rules” button that brings the popup back in case somebody forgets the rules.

Of course, private chats wouldn’t require people to agree to the rules since there shouldn’t be any moderation in those.

2 Likes

Ah, good point. I forgot they were going to be in the main menu. Maybe it should pop up a dialog on-screen with a simple list of rules and a set of ‘I Agree/I Disagree’ buttons (that you have to wait 5 seconds before clicking on), so that people at least know about them.

1 Like

I’m all for global rules. If people want to make awful jokes or be generally hostile they can do that with their friends in a private discord/mumble/TS/Vent like normal. We don’t need the overly loud and edgy minority scaring away people who just want to play a chill game about decorating and minigames. With community condos which presumably will have a chat not connected to global chat then they can go crazy. Just like most normal games which have moderated global chats and community hosted servers with their own rules.

2 Likes

You know what, I agree with this post. Moderation is censhorship, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. Social norms also prevent you from going to public and yelling slurs at people, and for a good reason.

5 Likes