Lobby 2 reveal trailer question

What was this originally supposed to be? Looks like a train to me. Maybe when you joined the game you got to ride the train or something? Well whatever it is I would like to see it in tower unite.

It was going to be a Mono Rail which would ride around the plaza

And yes you are in luck. The Monorail will finally see the light of day in Tower Unite as confirmed on the Indiegogo page.

If you actually are curious about its inclusion in the original GMTower if you do some file digging you’ll be able to find the model and (I think maybe some SFX used for it)

1 Like

Is the lighthouse going to be in TU aswell?? (pls yes :worried:)

At this point it doesn’t seem like it.

I seem to remember Mac saying they can’t use the model since it was later included in another project the designer worked on although I’m not 100% sure if I’m remembering correctly.

Your local Brad fan, checking in.

There was supposed to be a tour guide named Brad on the monorail to show new players all the important places, but he was cut with the monorail. If you’re interested in listening to Brad, you can do so here.

I honestly believe Brad should come back. He was a gem.

Another Brad fan checking in here. You think we should get a fanclub running some time?

1 Like

OMG waaaaa, no more skybox in U4!!!
It’s finally a real tower now!!! :smile:

In GMT, the monorail and tracks are still in the game. I have a screenshot of what the back of it would look like in the final Lobby2.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/550933846703075018/8DEF5B4A70470B172CC7755044C7D0653B58B212/

i have a question why wasn’t it avaliable?

Assuming you mean the monorail, Presumably it was cut due to Source’s Limitations, more specifically Gmod’s server limitations, but that’s just my guess.

1 Like

Like @zombieassasin417 said, it was a complete mess in GMod. We basically couldn’t put it in without it lagging the entire server or have players get stuck in this weird half in/ half out of monorail state.

Unreal handles players moving in objects a whole lot better so we can finally do it.

3 Likes

Another great reason why TU is going to take GMT further than it could be as just a mod

1 Like

Ah,ok thank you!

1 Like

On a completely different note, were the monorails by chance modeled off of the Disney World monorail trains?

I assume so I sometimes I call this game “Disney Land Simulator”