Join Notifications for Empty Game Queues

Hi there,

I’m the type of player who really enjoys playing mini games, but the Games area is often empty. This can make starting up games a bit of a hassle. However, I’ve noticed that people are much more receptive to joining games when they can do it via the last call join notifications that appear in the corner of the screen.

I think it would be nice if these alerts were sent even when a single player joins a queue as it would let others know that there’s someone interested in playing. There would likely need to be a cool down on these alerts to prevent spamming, perhaps 15 to 20 minutes. Ideally there would also be a way to disable these kinds of notifications all together if you’re not interested.

I am actually planning to make this. Been starting to improve all the join notifications and will have some settings soon.

16 Likes

YES! Totally know what you mean. I’ll sit in a queue by myself for minutes, pleading in chat to unanswered calls. But if people see a notification, they are much more inclined to join.