I'm not happy with the teased Catsack playermodel

This relates to what I’m trying to say. [56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

But yeah, I haven’t said to not try it (although I might’ve heavily implied it, my apologies). Implement the character if you wish, and see how it goes and what feedback you get. That’ll be the best way to determine if it works or not.

I think I’m done rambling now. If anyone wants to add to this, be it for or against what I said, feel free.

2 Likes

Having a wide range of player models was a big part of GMT, I’m sure there were those who didn’t want to play as Midna, but it really wasn’t a problem.

5 Likes

Since no one can really listen to people who don’t voice their opinions. I agree with Spano and would rather not have this in the game.

3 Likes

I’m gonna have to agree with you here, it looks really out of place when compared with other playermodels for the sole fact that it’s an anthropomorphic/humanoid catsack. Why? It just doesn’t make much sense to me on why we’d have a humanoid version of a mascot, it just starts to get confusing at that point. The catsack is just fine as how he is but having a humanoid version in the game as well just sort of ruins its’ identity, especially if this is planned to be a playermodel which will kinda look weird…

I’m not saying it’s a bad concept, I think it looks very cute and nice for a community creation but I just don’t think that it’d fit in-game.

5 Likes

Like @csxdeity said, what made Gmod Tower special too is the wide variation of characters. But anyway if the model won’t Appear, it will appear on workshop anyway.

5 Likes

Seeing how divided people are about this I honestly think this model should be polled whether or not it should be in the game rather than just doing it anyways.
I personally think it would just create alot of flaming and trolling in game which can be muted and blocked but still annoying to deal with.

5 Likes

It is up to the devs if they want to add it or not, it’s the first community creation (in a way) and I don’t think it would cause as much controversy. Even if it’s ‘furry’ or not, having a different way of representing a mascot is just a bit odd to me. I’m not gonna flame them or suddenly stop playing their game because of a silly and cute model, it’s just a feature!

4 Likes

If it’s a community creation, the community should decide if they want it or not.

3 Likes

there’s something I want to add, and it’s regarding the realistic “style” the lobby apparently has.
Even if that’s the case, keeping one uniform style wouldn’t be good in the long run. It’d limit what devs can and can’t do and make every update subject to a “style” check. Not just new avatars and lobby content, but condos as well. I also just like the image of a realistic lobby filled with all sorts of wacky avatars, but that’s a personal thing

2 Likes

we 2007 again

If it’s added and it’s height is smaller than everyone else then it needs to have a different viewpoint
that is closer to the ground
so you are actually small in firstperson :thumbsup:

It looks quite creepy