I have 2 question

I know teleporters have been suggested a lot, but I have a question about them if they’re ever added.

Is it possible to have teleporters take players to your other condos? Have like a main “lobby” condo and then have different portals to your other condos such as the suite or underwater.

and

Some servers appear on ever refresh, other just now and then. I especially have trouble with official ones; today I’ve seen Autralian server pop up in the list once. Three days ago I saw Frankfurt.
I connect from Finland. Even a low ping Swedish server doesn’t appear every time.
Is there something I could do on my end? I’ve allowed Tower Unite through my firewall.

1 Like

Your condo is only available when you actively host it, meaning you can’t be in myltiple condos you own at once. Players can only see your condo if you host it by being in it.

I’m not sure if teleporting between condos will ever be an officially supported feature on the official servers. It seems like they want to keep server load to a minimum, so having multiple condos loaded would only increase that load.

However, apparently there are plans for private hosted TU servers, meaning you can host your own Tower Unite server for others to join.
When that becomes available, I do hope they allow server hosts to do more and add/change different ‘features’, such as setting up and allowing for teleporters, allowing condos to stay perma-loaded even if the host is gone, etc.

Edit: Apparently you can already host your own TU server. Perhaps make a suggestion to allow server hosts to allow use of teleporters? I’m not sure if you even access a teleporter item at all yet (I know they exist… Ball Race… but whether players/server admins can use the or not is another question)

Private TU servers was an idea that was scrapped. It’s still currently functional from what I recall, but it’s being fazed out. It will only return when Pixeltail officially stops supporting TU (that is, they will shut down the official servers, allow player hosted servers, and remove most of/all the fancy Unit checking that prevents cheating). What you’re probably thinking of is Community Condos, which are player hosted condos with special permissions and whatnot. I don’t recall all the fancy features of Community Condos, but the idea is that they can act sort of like a player hosted lobby (but lacking features that would be hard to do security checks for, that being pretty much anything involving a payout). Community Condos will be able to be persistent even when the owner is away, provided their server is still running.

Condos are already completely separate from the lobbies, since they’re run on the condo owner’s computer (in the same way that Gameworld servers are run). Teleporting to other condos doesn’t seem feasible, since each condo would probably have to be on a separate server instance. It just wouldn’t be seamless; there would most certainly be a loading screen.

1 Like