How's LT?

So I’m on vacation and can’t play TU…So may I ask?
How’s your LT experience?
Is LT good/fun? Are you enjoying it? Tell me cuz idk

Laser Tag is pretty aight, it’s gonna get a ‘balance’ update soon to make it smoother to play and not as quirky. But yeah, it’s fun! Makes me have high hopes for when SDNL comes around.

6 Likes

Wanna hear a fun fact?
The hotel I’m in has a bootleg computer (like the ones in libraries you pay to use it for a while).
There are so many bootleg programs such as:
Counter strike ‘elite’
Tetris
Skyball (not skiball)
It even has a bootleg version of Microsoft office:
Spreadsheet (excel)
And a bootleg of ms word

7 Likes

Not currently but the devs are making an effort to fix it. At launch it just feels like a bad overly fast paced esports shooter focused around spam. It doesn’t really feel gratifying to play, and I gave up trying to like it after a few matches.

The incoming patches should rectify that.

You know what? I’ll try to explain how it works and let you be the judge of whether it’s good or not.

Let’s start by saying… it’s not like RL lasertag. Everyone moves relatively fast, and neither jumping or running affects shooting. There’s only one weapon (a pistol) and it’s firerate is very high. It takes about 3 hits to kill someone, resulting in everyone running around and jumping frantically, while spamming their guns in the general direction of their oponents.
A rather unique mechanic (that originated in RL lasertag, IIRC) is recharging. If you get killed (in about three hits), you become invincible and mostly invisible. To revive, you need to find a highlighted recharge station and press E on it. Some people say it leads to camping, but in my experience you have plenty of time to run away until you become killable again.
There’s a total of 3 lives per player, the surviving team wins.
The overall high speed combined with bad pings also sometimes results in other people seemingly “teleporting” instead of walking, which can get rather annoying.

So, it’s about whether you like fast-paced arcade Quake-esk shooters or not

1 Like

The “general direction aiming” reminds me of the Hutsman
from tf2

I haven’t seen one of those bootleg computers in awhile. I think the last time I saw one of those was in a gas station some years ago.

From my experience:

It is fun, but it’s definitely in beta for a reason. While the gameplay feels satisfying and it is a blast (heh, get it?) to zap someone away, it’s a little bit too glitchy and has many flaws as it is now. Basically, if you can get past the lag and the random people that use exploits (shooting through walls, leaving the map and becoming invincible), it’s an enjoyable experience. However, it is definitely worth saying that you’ll want to wait until the next update because they’re making it a lot better. They’re slowing down the speed, adding more visual feedback, removing the elevators that always bug out, and fixing a bunch of bugs that people found with it. I think it’ll be a lot more fun once this update comes out :slight_smile: