How good is CS:GO?

Hello, everyone.
I recently started playing Counter Strike: Source. I thought I’d try it since I bought it to play Gmtower and never really played it before. I turns out I like it a lot. I have played it for a few hours now, but I often hear people say that Counter Strike: Global Offense is a much better game, and that people should be playing that instead of Source. If you have the game, what are your thoughts? Is it worth it for 15 bucks? Is it that much different from Source?

1 Like

I am a huge fan of Counter-Strike: Source, but not so much of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Personally, I prefer Source to GO because the game mechanics are more familiar to me. Knifing, bunnyhopping, surfing and so forth feel different between the two games. In fact, the player size (and walking speed if I recall correctly) is different between the two games, which can seriously impact mappers who are familiar mapping for Source. In GO there is a little delay when repeatedly crouching, and there is no more flashlight. In fact, ladders work very different from Source to be more realistic, which sucks in my opinion. My final complaint about GO compared to Source is its constant updates; you never know when an update will come out that ends up breaking your map or gamemode.

In conclusion, GO has changed drastically from Source. If you like Source, then by all means, enjoy it! Newer isn’t always better, and it takes personal experience to decide which game you prefer.

Alright, thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

CS:GO is better in some ways, but not all. There’s a lot more balancing, hitboxes are somewhat better, it’s more competively viable in quite a few ways. If you have any specific questions about it, I have somewhere around 1500 hours of actual in-game playtime (Not just idling on the main menu), and I should be able to answer them.

Like Advanst says, CS:GO is more competitively viable. If you prefer playing the default maps and gaining ranks and obtaining items, CS:GO is the better game. If you prefer the community made gamemodes, like Jailbreak, Deathrun, and Surf, CS:S is the preferred option by many. Many just don’t like CS:S because it doesn’t have the features and changes that CS:GO has, and many just don’t like CS:GO because it isn’t CS:S.

Think of it like having the option between Gmod Tower and Tower Unite: you may prefer how one gamemode feels in GMT compared to its TU counterpart, or vice versa. The graphics and sounds may be more pleasant to you in either game. Sure, the new version has potential to expand, but it has changed so much that it will never feel the same way again. Except now, you have the option between the two games… do you use what you’ve already got, or do you upgrade? Would you prefer the upgrade, or would you stick with what you’re familiar to? In the case of GMT versus TU, many players wanted to stay with GMT, while many others wanted TU.

If you can, I’d definitely recommend trying out CS:GO as well. It has the larger community with the most activity. Because of this, CS:S is great for connecting with smaller communities. Since there’s no logical way to deduce which game is superior for player experience, it comes down to personal preference. It is possible to like both games for what you can do in them, much like GMT and TU.

2 Likes

@Advanst @Erickson9610
Yeah, GO sounds and looks pretty cool. I think this is what I’m getting.
Thank you guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might rage if you play on competitive mode.

1 Like

Highly recommend playing with friends if you’re going to play competitive. Competitive games often tend to have toxic players, and CSGO is no exception.

Feel free to add me on steam if you have any questions about the game.
Just like advanst i too have 1000+ hours on it

The only way I am able to play CS:GO good is with bots, mainly because they’re dumber and dont talk

Meh, I tried to force myself to like it, but it is just not for me.

Toxic community aside (which I can’t really complain because literally every game has got a few bad apples here and there and it’s rather understandable), it’s well made but requires so much consistency while I just want to play games whenever I want, without having my rank thrown away (granted it is done so players can “stretch” before playing back as their former rank). Starting in the competitive is also really hard, as you are going to meet smurfs and obvious cheaters along the way even though they put restrictions here and there. Side note, while I don’t like it that much you should try it out yourself and give a shot at betting skins in the right websites without developing an addiction. :slight_smile:

Buy overwatch instead

my computer cant run it :frowning:

So I just got it a day ago, it’s pretty cool. I am enjoying it a bit more than Source, so I see myself sticking around. Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Litterly anything runs overwatch. My friend has a gtx 660m and it runs on his laptop.

Just beware of scammers and hackers; they run amok in CSGO.

2 Likes

I used http://www.systemrequirementslab.com it checks your specs for you and tells you if you can run a game or not. I choose Overwatch to compare and it said my computer wasn’t compatible. It might be wrong though.

Tf2 competitive!

(because I haven’t played Overwatch yet)

1 Like

That site is not always accurate, all it checks is the minimum requirements set for the game and those requirements can have varying results. You should have tried playing the open beta of Overwatch when it was still going on just to check if it runs well or not.

2 Likes

Or buy it and refund if it doesn’t run good.