Hi there! We've been really busy fixing major bugs and getting Laser Tag ready to go. In the meantime, we wanted to get this quality of life patch out for you all.
Chat Filter Is Now On By Default
We have turned the chat profanity filter on by default in this update. The filter will attempt to intercept swear words from the chat. If you do NOT want this enabled, you can go to the Settings -> Content, and check Disable Swear Filter to On.
Laser Tag Progress
We’ve been very hard at work with Laser Tag, and it’s nearing completion for a beta test. We’ve recently been working on improved systems for making Tower Unite games, and this has sped up development of Laser Tag greatly.
Recently, we’ve started to add the Laser Tag vest art to the player, as well as designing mechanisms for putting players in and out of the game. We’ve also started to implement the game types, of which there will be several of on release.
Daily Developer Logs
Over the last couple of days, we’ve started a new initiative to better inform the community of our day to day activities regarding the development of Tower Unite.
What we do with these Daily Dev Logs is simple, and informative. We keep track of what each developer gets done during the day internally. At the end of the working day, we take that list, clean it up a bit, and present to the community.
We know there are times where it might feel that very little is being done, due to how long some updates take to come out. In addition, a lot of the time there are features being worked on that do not have any visual aspect. By creating these Daily Dev Logs, we hope we can better help the community to stay informed with Tower Unite’s developments. Daily Dev Logs also can help us better explain our development process.
You can find our Daily Dev Logs, which are created Monday - Friday, at our official forums.
- You can now leave Lobby games mid-game (Bowling, Trivia, etc.). You can leave via the pause menu or the scoreboard. If you leave mid-game you will not get payouts from the game you were in and you cannot rejoin that game
- Completely redid the Lobby activity backend (will help resolve major issues with Trivia and other Lobby games) and also prepare us for Arcade and Fishing
- Chat swear filter is now on by default
- You can now sit in any seat of Typing Derby to choose what color horse you want to play as
- Updated Typing Derby queue screen
- Added messages to players who are in Lobby games when a player leaves or joins the game they are in
- Added alpha disclaimer to Planet Panic to inform new players
- Decreased size of Condo map icons when selecting a Condo map so more can show at one time
- Added more editable surfaces to House, Suite, Condo, and Highrise
- Improved Ferris Wheel cart colors
- Optimized various Lobby things (Ferris Wheel, Trivia, Bowling, etc.)
- Optimized Lobby players and character movement
- Optimized item tags and filters
- All inventory tooltips, surface selection, and the new light editors will now close while using the media player queue
- New light manager icons now hide while you are dragging inventory items
- Cleaned up Lobby game use prompts to be more clear
- Reduced font sizes of certain tooltips and key prompts
- Lighting on Condo at night is now brighter again
- Fixed a bug where the new light manager would collide with inventory traces
- Fixed a bug where P2P would not connect while using the Highrise Condo
- Fixed a few graphical bugs in Highrise
- Fixed a few surface materials in House/Highrise not being colorable
- Improved networking for elevators in Underwater Condo
- Improved networking for airlocks in Underwater Condo
- Laser projector lasers now work properly in Smooth Dirt
- Fixed a bug with inventory where if you drag an item into an invalid slot, it'll still try to place it in the world (when it shouldn't)
- Fixed a bug with inventory where if you try to drag an item into an invalid location, it'll still try to place it (when it shouldn't)
- Fixed a bug where you could not place down fireworks in Lobby
- Fixed a bug where dropping/throwing a held item would drop it in a different place than where you were holding it
- Virus: Fixed a bug where players were sometimes invisible
- Little Crusaders: Fixed an issue where you could stand on street lamps in Market
- Typing Derby: Fixed a bug where the game's input would take over while you were using the pause menu
- Typing Derby: Fixed the key prompt saying "unbound"
- Poker: Fixed ante not displaying correctly
You can follow our current developments on our Trello:
You can report bugs on our forums:
Or you may also report bugs on our Steam community, but please expect slower response time.