Gamepad/Controller Support

• “Driving” has been checked off on the “Accelerate Support” checklist.
  • “Using items” has been checked off on the “Accelerate Support” checklist.
  • “Rumble” has been checked off on the “Accelerate Support” checklist.
5 Likes

The PS5 DualSense and the Xbox Series X/S controller was released after 2020.

Can we support these two?

Those should work out of the box. Anything with X Input works.

1 Like

Playstation controllers use DirectInput, not XInput. So, Series X will work but not PS5

2 Likes

Good to know. I only have a PS3 and PS4 controller at the moment. It’s unfortunate that Unreal only supports XInput. I have seen a DInput plugin but I have yet to mess around with it.

2 Likes

It’s not all bad. You can use a program like JoytoKey to fool the computer into thinking you’re using an XInput device. I used to use it to play Minecraft Java with a controller.

• “Showing combo next to player (like the cursor does, but for controller)” has been checked off on the “Zombie Massacre Controller Support” checklist.
  • “Rumble” has been checked off on the “Zombie Massacre Controller Support” checklist.
1 Like
  • “Planetary Piano support” has been checked off on the “Arcade Controller Support” checklist.
  • “Pressing A to respawn” has been checked off on the “Zombie Massacre Controller Support” checklist.
3 Likes

I wonder if this is what it will take for me to get the “I’m Having a Key Stroke” and “That’s a Lot Of Notes!” achievements. Also better controller support for ZM is epic thx

• “Fix DPad moving the character” has been checked off on the “Virus Controller Support” checklist.
2 Likes
  • “Basic support (movement)” has been checked off on the “Little Crusaders Controller Support” checklist.
  • “Selecting trivia choice” has been checked off on the “Trivia Controller Support” checklist.
  • “DPad should switch weapons (in the correct order)” has been checked off on the “Virus Controller Support” checklist.
2 Likes

With the deadzone fixes you can actually aim in ZM now.

1 Like

Was gonna ask about that too, does that make turning in Accelerate and moving in Ball Race more analog instead of just going 100%? There was a post about this back in 2020 regarding Accelerate, but I don’t think anything came of it at the time.

This particular issue was already resolved for Accelerate in a different update a year ago. But, yes, this will eliminate any other issues such as Ball Race.

Essentially the deadzone for Unreal 4 is by default shaped like a + sign and was 25% of that symbol. It’s now a proper circle deadzone as it should be.

1 Like
  • “Pause menu” has been checked off on the “Controller Support for Misc Games” checklist.
  • “Main menu” has been checked off on the “Controller Support for Misc Games” checklist.
2 Likes
  • The checklist "Controller Support for Misc Games has been re-named to “General”.
2 Likes
  • “Focus system” has been checked off on the “General” checklist.
  • “Handling popup menus” has been checked off on the “General” checklist.
  • “Button support” has been checked off on the “General” checklist.
  • The checklist “Misc” was removed from the card.
2 Likes
  • “Server browser support” has been checked off on the “General” checklist.
2 Likes