Game has no audio

So I had to format my HD a while ago. Now that I tried to play TU for the first time after doing it, I realized the game has no audio anymore. I think it’s related to directx. I tried to install dx again but I got an error message. Can anyone help me?

This isn’t a helping reply, but I want to share a story, once, when I was actually able to play GMod, I had no sound, I didn’t know there was a volume slider, I thought my headphones were broken, but some how I figured out the volume slider.

Have you gone through the whole chain yet? (Check ingame, system and if present, hardware volume sliders, plug out and in hardware, check if you’ve installed the audio drivers properly, done ye olde verify game files.) Also what error message?

Since you have formated your HD, all the software you had installed on it will have been lost.
So it sounds like (get it?) that you need to redownload some things.

So to fix audio you will need to head to this webpage: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
Head into the “High Definition Audio Codec” section and download the latest version that matches your operating system and bit version.

Would you be so kind and get us a screenshot of the error message so we can see what that’s about.

Sorry, I got sick and couldnt respond. So, I already installed realtek drivers. Didn’t fix.
This is the error I’m getting when trying to reinstall Directx:

I don’t install audio drivers on other computers every day so I’m not really informed in the matter but I personally wouldn’t bet on every sound card being RealTek.

I see some “not a valid win32 application” and similar issues there. How exactly did you try to reinstall DirectX? What was your download source?

It seems to be unable to load “xactengine2_0.dll”, could be because its been damaged, corrupt or missing.
Or directx itself could have become bugged.

To try and fix this error you could try going into your command prompt (cmd) and using the command “sfc /scannow” and hope it will find and replace the missing/damaged file.
You could also try and force it to register the dll by going back into the command prompt and typing “regsvr32 /u xactengine2_0.dll” and then typing in “regsvr32 /i xactengine2_0.dll”

Also Johannes in regards to the RealTek driver im merely guessing that his computer has a RealTek sound card because i have surprisingly not really found any motherboards with an integrated sound card that isn’t from RealTek.
Maybe exept this one: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128706