Fall damage when PVP is enabled in Plaza/Condo

Because I want to jump from the top of the tower in the plaza and become like pavement pizza or a Jackson Pollock piece when I hit the ground

Only if it’s a separate option that you can enable/disable from settings menu, but otherwise good idea!

3 Likes

I agree with this. Bringing back the fun of actually being careful (or careless) due to said fall damage. At the same time I wouldn’t want to “play” with other players.

5 Likes

A couple more things I jut had in mind to add to this: Would be neat if, once you fall down from a great enough height, you would turn into ragdoll until you decide to respawn (if falling kills you) or your character simply gets up (if you get damaged but not enough to die). And obviously, the damage scaling should be realistic, not static (an example of static fall damage is Garry’s Mod itself for example, where by default, you only take 10 damage no matter the height you fall from unless you enable realistic fall damage) - Would make it more fun to mess around with it all.

I’d actually prefer to exploded in to a comical pile of gibs when hitting the ground with suffecient velocity/force as opposed to just simply ragdolling, it’s funnier that way, much in the same vein as when someone crit kills you with a weapon when PVP is enabled

2 Likes

I think it’d be nice if there’s option for that. Then again it could tie to “Gore” option so there’s more reason anyone wanting to enable/disable it. I would want ragdoll death as someone who plays Team Fortress 2. It’s funnier to me for some reason.

3 Likes

My reasoning is that it’s a callback to gibbing from fall damage in early Unreal games, namely Unreal and Unreal Tournament

2 Likes

Fair enough. I could argue snice Tower Unite is based on Gmod Tower which in turn on Garry’s Mod and which most death humor is because of Source related things. Such as reusing ragdoll and blood paint. But I’m getting off topic sorry. lol

2 Likes

Source may be in its origins, but TU has UE4 as its underpinnings

1 Like

Again, fair enough.

2 Likes

While I’m not against any ideas, I’m one of the people that don’t really feel the attractiveness of just… Falling and exploding apart into pieces once you hit the ground as something fun. Gibbing feels more appropriate in Unreal franchise of games that you brought up (and other such similar, brutal FPS games), since there you just shoot someone apart in the face with Flak Cannon or something else - It’s meant to be brutal. Ragdolling while falling on the other hand simply makes more logical sense, that someone just wouldn’t fall apart like that and honestly, at least in my opinion, would be rather boring and get old to look at quickly. But then again, anything goes.

1 Like

As Acejino brought up, it could be tied to the Gore setting. Don’t want the gore, turn it off. I, personally, think it’d be hilarious if we got brutally gibbed from falls. Over-the-top violence like that is really funny to me.

1 Like

Over-the-top violence like that is really funny to me

And it fits in with Tower’s arcadey/cartoony aesthetic

3 Likes

Gibbing feels more appropriate in Unreal franchise of games that you brought up, since there you just shoot someone apart in the face with Flak Cannon or something else - It’s meant to be brutal

SDNL exists which I feel like its whole intention is to replicate the feel of fast-paced and violent arcadey arena-based gameplay which Quake 3 and Unreal Tournment were famous for

Also let’s not forget that in Half-Life, NPCs were often the subject of being utterly obliterated by simple everyday things such as doors and suchlike, and usually in the same comical over the top manner

1 Like

I have dumb idea I want to follow up. Maybe eating/drinking food actually give you health from damage? This would make fall damage even more fun.

3 Likes

Could be a good use for the cooking system, whenever that comes out.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is actually already a thing if you have PVP damage turned on.