Emotes and Skins are ESSENTIAL

I understand this is still in early development, I just wanted to point out how essential the skin customization and emotes were in GM Tower, I feel if you add these your player base will rise again.

Emotes are being worked on.

We are holding off on player customization until post Workshop as the Workshop player models will change a lot of how player models work.

It was never intended to use the player models we have now forever, so one day we plan to redo them but we will see after workshop.

12 Likes

Will workshop models work sort of like VRChat models (As in, downloaded into a cache when that user joins)? I feel like this would allow for customization without having to divide the player base into custom servers.

3 Likes

I believe I’ve posted a more detailed post somewhere, but basically it’ll download the player models (and store them) automatically no mater what server you are on. Workshop isn’t exclusive to custom servers.

There will be easy ways to block workshop add-ons and users you don’t want to load custom models from.

The idea of custom servers was shelved entirely for Community Condos, as well.

4 Likes

Sorry to be a bother, but I don’t exactly understand this, mostly the “No matter what server” part. Do you mean it’ll download all the player models that are used for every player on every server?
My main concern in this case is storage space consumption.

2 Likes

Basically for all Condos, Plazas, and any Game World’s that allow it (Ball Race, Virus, Zombie Massacre), the workshop models will download (or load from hard disk) when displayed. As for file sizes, we will have a max file size imposed on workshop submissions and controls to set a max cache size limit for downloads.

2 Likes