Copycat toolgun - Press Reload for extra general options

The tool is made to copy and past the properties from one item to another, even the angle
But how about putting this gun an extra properties menu with some extra settings that can be applied to everything, by example “facing the player true/false” to make the item turn at the exact desired angle, as well as sub-case like locking the y and z axis to make the item face the player and stay perpendicular to the ground
unless those can be the purpose of an advanced angle and axis tool-gun or something

I like the idea of advanced condo editing tools, but that is still in the works and won’t be a thing for a very long time.

Angle editing should def be in there though.

An align tool weapon will be available.

5 Likes

Alright~ that sounds good, thanks for the answer

Also, let us individually pick which properties we want to copy (size/rotation/link/color/color 2)

Actually, that’s not necessarily true. They already have a working prototype of the Copycat gun and they said on the stream on Friday that they wanna get it into it game as soon as possible.

https://trello.com/c/oLKVaBp0

This is the only thing on Trello I can find that might pertain to the Copycat Gun, but I don’t know where the comments got September as a release date from. Macd does say on stream “I want this item in pretty soon” referring to the Copycat but before it gets added they have to update the hotbar and new slots/keys for specific items.

Considering even smaller updates take a week or two weeks, bigger updates take upwards of a month, and this doesn’t seem like the biggest focus on all of the developers.

Edit: I forgot to mention that new shops have to be added for a place where these items can be sold at, meaning there will have to be more than just the Copycat being sold at one of these stores.

1 Like

This is unrelated to the Advanced Condo Tools. Those have been planned for a long time and will most likely just be menu options. The tools they talked about on stream are a new thing that they’ve never talked about before. You do make some good points, though. I just took what Mac said, to mean that they’ll be added soon-ish. A new store wouldn’t necessarily be a requirement, though, as they could just stick it in another store for now. He did stay that a lot of the stuff in the stores now, would be moved around once they add some new stuff. I can definitely see the jetpack getting moved to the hardware store.

1 Like