Condo TV Streaming

First things first, this idea is probably a bit hard to pull off. I know that you can stream Youtube from your TVs already, but this is a bit different. What if Pixeltail managed to get together with Netflix/Hulu/Other streaming service to allow people to stream through their service? The player would need to link their TU account with their streaming service account, and after that they could use the service from within their condos. Instead of trying to pirate a movie through Youtube for your party, you could find it through the service and watch the movie with better quality and without pirating it. The service wouldn’t be available in the theater; I don’t think most people go there to watch hour long films (with the exception of devs, as they could bring back the movie nights if they wanted). As I said before, I don’t know how difficult it would be to do and would easily understand if it was not possible to do, but, if it could be done, I think it would be a nice addition. Sorry for the wall of text, but what do you all think?

Highly unlikely but not impossible. I doubt that Netflix will let you “link” your tu account with their service with a dedicated section. Maybe if you were to sign into the Netflix account through tower unite, and whatever media centre it is they will be using has silver light support. That’s how I see it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the fact that they would need some form of media licence/ask permission from the streaming service

I do not see any payed streaming service agreeing to this.
They don’t want one player to stream a movie while a bunch of other players get to watch without paying for the service.
They can’t help it in real life when people get together to watch a movie, but they sure can prevent it on video games.

Yes it would be cool, but @legoracer97 and @cold_finger are right. It’s highly improbable.

Gotta agree with what’s been said above. It is extremely unlikely that an agreement will ever happen. As cool as it might be, I just don’t see this happen.

you could just make it so it is like rabb.it and the person signs into their own account and streams there own Netflix. I don’t think any of those companies would just let a huge player base use their services like that. But if you could make it be able to run like a browser instead of just youtube, then that would be cool

4 Likes