Bases of Astronomy in the Tower realm

In this thread, we are going to study some of the stars’ basic workings in the Tower realm (more precisely, from the Tower itself).

1) The cardinal points in the Tower

This is the foundation of the subject: figuring out where is the North/South/West/East and all that stuff. To answer the problem, we will use some indications provided in the game: the position of the beach houses in the back of the Laser Tag building.

There are two beach houses: one labeled “South Beach House” which is located further away from the Tower than the other, which is labeled “North Beach House”. This is enough to accurately establish a compass:

Now that we have figured out the different cardinal points in the Tower, we can proceed to the core subject of this thread.

2) Movement of the Sun and the Moon viewed from the Tower

Now this is the fun part because it doesn’t make any fucking sense

Here we see the Sun, rising from the sea behind the beach houses, which is - according to that handy compass in the picture - in the West.

The Sun but later in the afternoon.
You can’t really see it there but it’s heading east for the remainder of the day. What you can see, however, is that the Sun has crossed the monorail track during the day. As a result the Sun in the Tower rises in something like West-Northwest and sets in something like East-Southeast. It wouldn’t be a big problem in itself if there wasn’t more to it though:

This is the moon rising from behind the Tower, which is located in the north. So the moon is rising in the northwest. If you thought it didn’t make sense already then watch this:

This is where the moon sets: in the southwest. To recap:

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE

3) the fuckign stars, dude

at this point i’m just gonna post pictures with a minimal amount of captions because jesus

let’s just put it this way:
there’s some sort of “fold” surrounding the world (at least if you look at it from the Tower) which acts differently depending on where you’re looking at:

• on one “side”, stars emerge from this fold in a symmetrical fashion
  • on the other “side”, stars merge and disappear into the “fold”

i’m not fully grasping that concept yet so i’m just gonna leave it like that

Conclusion

As a man of science (and I do not take it lightly), I must say that some weird shit is going on. Thank you for your attention, remember to like and subscribe if it’s not already done

29 Likes

As for the stars, there’s a technique where you put a dome over the entire world, like in The Truman Show, and bounce the stars off of a bowl-shaped mirror and onto the sky.

It’s called Astral Projection.

6 Likes

Really interesting…

Would it be possible to try showing how the earth rotates according to that? (including its tilting angle)

4 Likes

I am an (almost) qualified astrophysicist and what the fuck were they thinking when this world was created.

4 Likes

I’d love to see how fast it rotates, or to guess how large the world is.

3 Likes

Is the TU earth flat? just asking for a friend.

1 Like

Science was never my strong point

1 Like

Pretty sure calculating the planet’s rotation would only be possible if you chose to outright ignore the stars…

Bonus astronomy gore: Solar’s sun doesn’t move, but the background does.

3 Likes

explain pls

im like

7 Likes

Tower Unite is located in Earth 5325546 from the Dc Multi-Verse