Awesome project, will make an app!

Wow, I just found this database after I searched so badly for one a year a go… It will finally allow me to realize an app idea (for Windows 10, maybe Android later). Frankly, I am wondering why there aren’t any apps using this database already (or are there?)

One question (no multiple choice :P): 2.100 questions are a good start, but more is always better. Are there any plans to add an API for adding questions? That way I could allow users of my app create new questions and let them get rewards for this. In an advanced approach the API could also provide a method to determine if the question was verified or not (so the user in my app gets the credits or not). Maybe a similar method like the token in the normal API could be used, in order to determine what user asked what question.

Looking forward to hear from you!

5 Likes

Open trivia on the mobile? noice! anyway, the API was meant for more than just tower unite trivia, right?

yeah

Okeydokey, after 9 hours of coding, the first version is in the store. It is available for Windows 10, Mobile & Desktop. I also started a reddit thread for discussions on how this quiz can evolve from here:
Reddit Thread
Download from Windows Store

4 Likes

This app is honestly quite interesting, the concept of a question popping up as a notification to answer is quite a genius idea! Great use of the database, by the way!

Awesome project you have there. Super cool!

There are no plans to provide an API for this. Users can register an account on the trivia website and submit questions there.

I understand, I prefer to keep things nice and simple in my projects as well. Just thought it could incentivize more users to participate in contributing to the database. Currently, when playing some rounds the questions quickly repeat (and the session token isn’t useful in my scenario when players quiz over a longer period of time).