About the Nightclub Name

We decided to change it before all those posts, I just felt like I should make an official statement as they kept popping up.

2 Likes

If the devs are not being pressured and they came to the decision internally then I don’t see no harm in re naming the nightclub.

3 Likes

I like it, but the sign kinda looks like UOLT in my eyes

2 Likes

I think BPM Nightclub sounds cooler than Volt Nightclub.

You’re not the only one. I looked at the logo before reading the post and that’s exactly what I thought it said.

1 Like

Yeah with that font it does look like UOLT
I liked the idea of having it be VOLTAGE so you’d have a better idea of what it is

4 Likes

Dude, I actually like the name “Voltage” better than Volt. It comes off better and it sounds prettier.

5 Likes

“Voltage Nightclub” has better flow than “Volt Nightclub”.

7 Likes

Bloop Blocks, Volt Nightclub, am I the only one thinking there should be a name voting system? Whenever something like this pops up, there’s always suggestions in the replies.

2 Likes

Hey! Boop Blocks was an awesome name!

1 Like

I personally approve of the reasoning for the change. I think it shows that the developers are doing their best to be respectful, tasteful, and mindful of real-world events. Expecting Tower to remain the same in the face of major real-world events simply isn’t realistic. And, besides, it’s not like somebody tried to strong-arm them into doing this, it was a decision they came to on their own. As a pansexual man myself, I’d like to thank PixelTail for being sensitive to this tragedy.

2 Likes

(Rant on Realism deleted due to me sounding like an idiot)

I’m at least happy that this was decided by the devs on their own before all of the posts happened, but I feel that it could have gone better if the name change was put to a vote, as they have done before with other things regarding the development of Tower Unite. As for the name itself, Volt Nightclub doesn’t have a good flow to it, but Voltage Nightclub or The Voltage Club has a much better flow. So either one of those two names is what I would change it to.

He’s not talking about physical limitations, he used the word realistic, as a way of saying that you shouldn’t expect the game to be some kind of different dimension, completely unaffected by the outside world.

2 Likes

you’re looking into his words way too deep

it doesnt matter how realistic the game is, anyone can make the connection with the biggest mass shooting in american history to date to the nightclub with the same name in the game

coincidence or not itd be tasteless to leave it how it is regardless, but you understand that, i guess, so why even bother with a whole rant on how tower unite isnt realistic?

2 Likes

I accept that there are certain aspects of the game that aren’t realistic, but they make the game more fun.

And I wouldn’t call “being reminded of a homophobic massacre that has reminded the AGOId community across the planet that they’re not safe, not even in places specifically designed for them to be free to live as who they are, if only for a few hours; a massacre where players could have lost friends or family members, or where they could see such an event happening to them or their loved ones, every time a player walks past a virtual nightclub in a computer game designed for fun and a sense of community and acceptance” particularly fun.

But I appreciate everyone’s input, and I think it may have been better if the new name had been put to a vote (it still might be able to be). I rather like Volt Nightclub, but The Voltage Club sounds a hell of a lot better, actually.

I had that rant sitting for a few days in my head when the name was being argued over. But I realize that, at least for some people, that the name “Pulse Nightclub” could ruin the immersion that the devs were trying to maintain. Now, not everyone is going to feel that way, so that’s why a vote on the name change would have been better. The point of Tower Unite and for many video games, is to try and take people away from reality, not to bring them back into it in full force. Although, there are games and other pieces of media out there that are either not being released or changed so that they end up forcing people back into reality for various reasons (political and non-political), but that is a post for another time.

As for the nightclub, I know that function wise nothing has changed. I’m still going to dance to some good music, then get drunk while eating some チップ flavored Chump’s. The new name is really isn’t the best and one that may take a while to stick, so that’s why I thought up of the name “The Voltage Club”. I’d imagine with the name though, they would have to overhaul the logo as well as the aesthetics inside, to make it fit the name more. (ex. placing lights on the walls and ceiling that make it look like traces on a Printed Circuit Board/Motherboard)

1 Like

Yeah it would have been much better if the devs first made a suggestion thread for new names and the selected their favourites and created a community poll where we could choose a new name.

1 Like

I’d agree. At the top of the thread they’d put up a poll asking yes or no if they want the name to be changed. Then in the thread people would say why they voted yes or no and what alternative name should the nightclub go by. If a majority had voted yes for the name change, then they take suggestions for the name from the thread and put a few of their favorite names up for a vote an a separate thread with a “none of the above” option for those who don’t like any of the names.

1 Like

Voltage rolls off the tounge and sounds better than just Volt.

1 Like

Somethings we would like to decide on our own.

We are again considering Voltage, though, but we also came up with Voltage before we decided on Volt so the name was already something we thought of.

Anyways, just wait until the 3D sign is done. Volt or Voltage, it’s being renamed.

I think enough has been said on this topic and I’d rather keep it minimal discussion in light of the event, so I’m gonna lock the thread now.

5 Likes