A way to encourage players to join others, a payout increase for every player that joins

Now I’m not saying that there’s any problem with what’s going on right now, I’ve seen many full lobbies of games. But I feel like it would be handy, and it would possibly eliminate single player grinding. To introduce a payout modifier for every player that joins. This should apply when the player count exceeds 3, so 3 or below, it doesn’t get affected. So, if another player joins, it would increase your final payout or times it by a certain amount.

So for example, 3 players join a game, they all receive 200 units at the end of a round.

Now one more player joins, making the total 4. The extra player adds a 10% payout increase. Once the game ends, everyone receives 220 units.

Then another player joins, making the total 5. The 10% is added on top of the 10% already in play, making it 20%. Now at the end of the game, everyone earns 240.

So something like that, obviously not exactly 10% (I just used that to give it a sense of scale), but that’s just an example. The devs would have to adjust it to what they feel is right.

17 Likes

I… actually quite like this idea. I’m tired of seeing gameworlds with only three people in it, I’d love to play ballrace with like five people and not bother all of my five friends to do it.

5 Likes

Actually a pretty brilliant idea. Gotta say, some of the most fun rounds of Virus I’ve ever played were with 8+ people at once, would be nice to have more of a reason to play with a lot of players.

going to be honest, I don’t have the incentive to join multiplayer games when latency is such a big issue atm, once some more optimization is put in place, I’ll probably get on more.

2 Likes

Awesome idea. This would be a great addition to the game, especially when lag is compensated for.
I’d love to see this in game.

i agree, this is a good idea!

My main concern with this idea is the incentive for players to afk more often as in mini golf / ball race I see nearly 1 afk per game sometimes 2 so a lot more people will just abuse the system if they get for example 200 units at the end of a round.

Even at a lesser amount people will still just afk to get the bonus so until they get a vote to kick system in game I would never want this as I already hate dealing with afks as it is.

But it is a good idea in the future when the game is more optimized and has ways to fight afk.

Won’t be an issue with the afk timer. Unless someone tries to circumvent it.

2 Likes