[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

I said supposedly. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

I made that one as a placeholder and spent like 10 minutes on it. I really don’t like it.

Tower is not located in heaven.

We’re going with a dark 80s feel for SDNL.

I think right now we’re considering allowing mature rated game worlds like Zombie Massacre to have blood (with parental controls), so SDNL should also have blood and be dark.

5 Likes

I’d still love to see decapitations / persistent gore in one of these later on after Early Access :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A tagline I was working on was “Lights, Camera, Decapitation”

6 Likes

You mean kinda like a slasher horror theme?

1 Like

I thought it meant it was more something like Smash TV

1 Like

It’s a lot of things, it’s definitely going to have influences from Smash TV and the 80s.

4 Likes

Second logo looks AWESOME. It could use a little bit of tweaking in a few places, but other than that, I am 100% behind the new logo.

Can’t say the same for the current Ball Race and Pool logos, though.

1 Like

RIP Ball Race logo and brown ball

2 Likes

October 8th, 2015

Notice: All Images/Videos below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These are RAW Development images. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

7 Likes

Bloody hell! That looks amazing!

1 Like

That gun looks cool as hell! Please tell me that is actually going to be in the game, and not just a placeholder!

1 Like

The gun I believe is from the starter FPS game that Unreal Engine has for download to get started with Unreal Engine. It’s just a placeholder. The real thing being showed off is everything the weapon does, in terms of recoil, bullet decals, reloading, swapping, ect.

5 Likes

Damn… Oh well.

1 Like

Don’t worry. With the weapon concept art that was shown off in the last couple streams, I’m confident we will have super sick weapons to be using.

3 Likes

Yeah, for now I’m just using the models from Unreal’s “Shooter Game” demo to get the point across and test viewmodels and junk.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, the bullet hit decals look a bit obnoxious at the moment. I think they need to get scaled down a bit.

1 Like

Those are placeholder too, just threw some decals on it to get the thing decal-ing.

1 Like

Ahh, OK. Also, how will viewmodels work? Will they be visible like they are in the video or will we just be able to see the world model, kinda like those “immersive” mods for other games?

1 Like

Guys, I just want to come out and say something that’s been bugging me for awhile.

Tower Unite is a wonderful project, with a wonderful community.

Please always keep in mind that things may look bad, because, well, they aren’t finished yet. We know what we’re doing and where we want to take our game.

This thread proves our commitment to keeping our development open and visible, even when it’s not entirely good to see. I just really hope people understand that and don’t take it as “this is done” and provide feedback like it’s finished work. I also hope people understand that a lot of the content posted may not make it into the final game.

I love the feedback, I really do, it’s one of the best parts of my job and why I personally love making video games. The ability to post something you’ve worked on and get instant feedback is totally awesome. Don’t change that.

9 Likes