[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

Probably due to how bad it did in GMTower

Yeah, but on the other hand, I feel like Accelerate/Source Karts only did badly because it was on Source. It was extremely laggy and broken, and I’m certain that it’ll perform infinitely better in Unreal :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, I think part of the reason Accelerate is in such popular demand is because it’s notably different from most other gameworlds. Zombie Massacre and SDNL are both shooters of some description, and TU already has a couple of shooter gameworlds in the form of Virus and Planet Panic. Panic at Horror Hill sounds quite interesting, but we don’t know much about it while, for Accelerate, saying “racing game” gives you a 90% accurate idea of what’s going to be in store already.

This isn’t to say that the aforementioned games are bad, it’s just that Accelerate stands out because it’s that much different. TU has always had a large variety of activities, so it makes sense to me that something which feels different from everything else would be desired. I could be completely wrong, but that’s just one possible theory.

7 Likes

This could be ZM, SDNL, a lobby weapon or an emote.

it was said on the stream that they’re working on multi-purpose weapon models now (models they can use in a variety of activitiew/gameworlds)

2 Likes

March 27th, 2017

Notice: All items below are provided without context. For more detailed development updates, visit our Tumblr at http://pixeltailgames.tumblr.com/

18 Likes

my sword is so powerful that it can also SHOOT BULLETS

5 Likes

That’s just an animation testing i guess.
They replaced the double barrel by the sword for a testing purpose.

4 Likes

Yeah I know, but it’s still kinda funny looking.

Also, nice work on the sword animation and stuff, guys!

1 Like

Please keep that (reload?) animation for the katana in the game.

5 Likes

Since when we need to “reload” a katana ? :grin:
Because the blade is going to break after 10 hits maybe ?

6 Likes

Arigato my tomodachi Caboose-senpai. You make very oishii game. Sayonara

6 Likes

The animation on this is so amazingly smooth, wow. I’m really excited for the Virus animations update. All this weapon stuff (prediction, models, animations) is really great.

3 Likes

I really hope the new condo controls come sometime soon during summer holidays.
I wanna see those awesome contraptions and mini-games people will make with the buttons and better building tools.

I mean sure people make amazing stuff now, but when those are out… :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

March 29th, 2017

Notice: All items below are provided without context. For more detailed development updates, visit our Tumblr at http://pixeltailgames.tumblr.com/

Admin Gun

19 Likes

(I think the link is broken?)

4 Likes

Same goes for me

Yeah it’s broken, here’s what it is supposed to be: http://host.foohy.net/public/Videos/admin%20gun%20v2.mp4

6 Likes

That tommy though…

me when im the last survivor

20 Likes