[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

What tool was this?

1 Like

You can find the original post for the tool here.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

November 30th, 2015

Notice: All Images/Videos below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These are RAW Development images. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

5 Likes

1 Like

December 1st, 2015

Notice: All Images/Videos below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These are RAW Development images. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

4 Likes

I’m in love with the night in this game.

1 Like

The sun set looks sweet as well

1 Like

December 2nd, 2015

4 Likes

The details on the base of this streetlamp, I really like how they take care of so many details, for sure the game will be pretty, already is but it will be even more later :3

4 Likes

Do you know if the moons light will be dimmed down and lights brightened?

1 Like

in the screenshots, even if it’s just alpha, the building still has shadows at night, so I guess the moon will produce light (if it’s what you asked) but then we’ll see later on anyway

1 Like

what are those weird bubble things that he’s jumping into

2 Likes

I don’t know for certain, but my guess is that it could possibly be a new way of entering gamemodes. After all, with the new hosting system, it’ll be a lot easier to jump right in! I apologize… for nothing!

Seriously, though, that is my guess. I have no idea if it’s correct, but it’s a possibility.

1 Like

That is actually what it was.
However, we’ve dropped the concept.

1 Like

Will the player be able to click and rotate the object previewed?

That was a problem I had in GMT, especially when looking at the posters.

1 Like

December 3rd, 2015

4 Likes

Oh cool, so the bubble acts as a portal to join the game.

Edit: Just had a thought. What if somewhere in the world, there was a corridor to quick-join games with these bubbles. Perhaps in the condos and one in the beach?

2 Likes

I like this, maybe even more places, and you can turn on notifcation bubbles for only gamemodes you like, so if you love minigolf and a game starts, a bubble will spawn near you and you’ll be notified?

But yeah the effect looks nice.

3 Likes

I think these portals are great! Sonic the Hedgehog (the 2006 game) also used portals like this to go different worlds and levels and it worked really well in that game and also look cool.

One thing that could be done in a similar way to how sonic 06 did it, is to have a blurry/distorted image or video of the maps, which could be changed every few minutes, rather than having them just be transparent.

1 Like