Yearly Event Idea: Plaza-Palooza

This is an idea that’s been in my head for a while now so I’ll try to explain to the best of my ability.

Currently there are only two major events in Tower Unite: Halloween and Winter, this leaves the first half of the year with two extremely minor events and making the year feel lopsided as a whole. My solution is a new, unique, event not based on any real-world holidays: Plaza-Palooza.

What is-Plaza Palooza?
Plaza Palooza is an event between the Easter and Summer minor events. What makes Plaza-Palooza different from the two major events is its theming; it is a celebration of GMT and TU as a whole. The items during this time are generally self-referential or party themed, allowing them to be used year round.
Due to its malleable theming, each year could have a larger overarching theme such as a Carnival, Crab Invasion, Music Event, etc. This would allow exploration of certain themes without having to return to it each year.

The Currency
To go with the other events, Plaza-Palooza uses CATcoin. Unlike other events, CATcoin is interchangeable for different events’ currencies (at a 5:1 exchange ratio).

The Plaza Activities
Due to its theming, many Minigames already fit into this event. Instead, new minigames that have been on the backlog could be introduced during this time such as the RC Race or Wheel of Death.

Community Involvement
As a celebration of the game itself, it’d make sense to allow the community to have at least some part in the decision making process. Polls could be created for the general theme, activities, or even items themselves.

On that Note, here’s some Item suggestions B)
Balloon (Equipable/Pet - functions like a floating pet, can come in a multitude of colours and designs)
Noisemaker (Wearable/Face - party blower thingie that sits in the model’s mouth.)
Poseidon Cart (Equipable/Vehicle - stolen from Poseidon, riders raise their hands when falling or going fast)
Head Crab (Wearable/Hat - a normal crab that sits on your head)
Lobby 1 / 2 / 3 Maps (Furniture/Decoration - maps of previous Lobbies)
Tower Unite 64 (Furniture/Electronics - Cartridge for Tower Unite [also a retro console and CRT TV could be added to compliment this])
Miniature Tower (Furniture/Decoration - Diorama version of the Lobby 3 Tower)
Egg Pet (Wearable/Pet - Rolling Pet. Mysteriously familiar egg)

Since Tower Unite cane out in April, maybe it could be that month.

6 Likes

I love this idea a lot!

1 Like

I can definitely imagine carnival/parade type of event in plaza! Would be very fitting!

EDIT: LOTS of balloons and confetti everywhere!

4 Likes